x
Super Seller

What is your favorite Zapier + Square Zap?

Confession: I have never used Zapier

But I do know that many sellers in the Seller Community use it. 

I feel like I am missing out, that I am not analyzing the data I need to be. Even worse, that I am analyzing the data I need to be, but spending hours a week to create them. 

So, I was wondering: 

What is your favorite Zapier zap for Square? 

I'm wondering if the following sellers have some:

@TheRealChipA  @JessPoynter  @ryanwanner  @Candlestore  @rtfulk  @Twiggy  @Minion  @Lovewell  @Sam_400º  @BofBArtStudio  @JTPets   @PartyManiaMD  @lenjobakes   @DLRosenberg  @MudFire_D  @Anthem  @Twpchair  @Doran  @HC_Charlie  @homeprogreen @VanKalkerFarms 

Hoping we all get some great tips and tricks! 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Super Seller

What’s a zapper? To be honest I don’t really analyze data. I look at the inventory, sales reports along with looking at the shelves to see what’s selling 

Message 2 of 15
Super Seller

@TCSlaguna  Interesting! I've never heard of Zapier. I'll have to take a look-see.

The only third party automation I'm (barely) using is IFTTT. I've only poked around there, and its out of the box Square integration is mostly limited to refund alerts and deposits sent. I'm sure there's more it can do when you actually create the applets tho.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 3 of 15
Super Seller

Never heard of them 🤣

Had a Quick Look and it looks like it's just more work right? 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 4 of 15
Super Seller

never heard of it.  I don't use anything really other than reports and item sales and of course the actually POS part of Square.

Message 5 of 15
Super Seller

I've looked into it and it seemed to be more work at first glance but in the end probably beneficial. I keep saying when we slow down I'll look into it and it never seems to happen. Right now I use quick books and goggle doc's. I have pretty good luck with those two. 

Message 6 of 15
Super Seller

I don’t have enough sales - and I know pretty much about every sale I do 

Message 7 of 15
Super Seller

@TCSlaguna ;

I never used Zapier, but I did look into it to see what it can do.  Basically when a Sale is made in Square it can send the data you want to another application such as Google sheets.  For me I can wait till I get home export Squares Sales Transactions CSV files.  Then move those two files to a folder on my desktop, open Excel, Click Refresh all Data (Power query 2-3 min) and go make diner.  As diner is cooking the Excel sheets are prepared and updated and I can look at what is selling better Now than yesterday.  

Back to Zapier they also have an integration that goes from Square sales to Accounting software like QB Online, Wave, Zoho, etc; which can save time if it automatically imports Squares sales to Your accounting package.  

My thing is I am more interested and how to do things at a low cost and the Zaps ( paid per Zap) can get costly on my busy months and less costly and not worth it to me during our slow times.  The Idea behind it is If X happens then the Zap will do Y for you.  Example you get a New customer, Zapier will add a line to Google Sheets of the New customer.  Then if you have a Zap setup that New Customer was added to Google Sheets send through Mail Chimp a welcome letter.  So You did nothing but your new customer just received a Welcome letter and possibly a discount on their next visit.  I just get confused with What is a Task according to Zapier.  What is a Multistep Zap?? What is a Task in Zapier.... How many do you need?  A Task is Defined by Zapier as - A task is an action your automated workflow successfully completes. For example, if your Zap has an action to create new Google Contacts, each contact Zapier creates will count as one task.  

So each Sales would generate a Task, and between Online and Square this can be a big Unknow cost.  I get confused on a Zap which are unlimited and Costs / Tasks.  If I use the Slider in Zapier for How many Tasks I need a month the Monthly cost for me goes from $20 to $3400 a Month which is a Big price swing.  Do I need the $3400 package now.... NO, but what if there is something lest costly that does the same type of stuff Zapier does.  So I am interested also in what others say about Zapier for my own Knowledge and how they use it as I am with you and never used it.

I have been trying Odoo (online standard) out which is  $32 a month (paid Yrly) or $39 paid Monthly for Inventory/accounting/CRM/ and MORE.  The biggest issues I see with Odoo are:

No integrations for Square or Sales channels.  Everything can be Imported by CSV though.

The fee of $32 a month for accounting / inventory /crm etc does not seem bad unless you need Odoo to set it up for you or you need Custom Features then it can get expensive.  QBonline is $15 to $100 a month just for Accounting Software for a comparisson.

Learning Curve is Steep at first being use to Spreedsheets going to a Database system.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 8 of 15
Admin

@cupzcoffeeaz@Bronze_Palms  I think you have used Zapier right?

Also tagging @Hailey as she is a marketing genius too!

Max Pete
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Seller Community
Message 9 of 15
Super Seller

Thank you so much for the tag! I use Zapier for EVERY area of the business.

Square x zapier x salesmessage

• prep instruction texts
  • thank you texts
  • follow up texts

Optimonk x zapier x Square

• we dont use square for our primary website for SEO reasons, optimonk helps us collect emails that then port into square so customers recieve emails

Wholesale sites x zapier x square

• this automates revenue tracking in square so reporting is all in one place

Google sheets x zapier x Google My Business

• this autoposts to GMB weekly
UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 10 of 15
Admin

This is awesome @Bronze_Palms !!! You should consider writing a blog for our Community blog on this topic - diving into the details of your integrations. Maybe it can be a co-authored effort with @cupzcoffeeaz 😉 

@Helen manages the blog if you two are interested 😁

️ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Message 11 of 15

We also do not use the square website, however, we use the square API integrated to our website.  I want to create multiple emails groups from each of our locations 

I am interested in what you said... Can you tell me more about how this works?

Optimonk x zapier x Square

• we dont use square for our primary website for SEO reasons, optimonk helps us collect emails that then port into square so customers recieve emails

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 12 of 15
Super Seller

The main reason to look for use cases with Zapier is if you used multiple SaaS services and you want to keep things in sync. I really mostly on square for everything. 

It is a great tool if you want to register sales in other tools like Quickbooks or other apps available in Zapier, but to be honest there are other ways to do this integrations that are cheaper, it all depends of your volume of transactions.

Another reason to use it is to use other CRM or marketing tools so you can sync your customer's information to another CRM or marketing platform. 

Updating inventory on other platforms is more useful for most businesses if you use other e-commerce services outside of Square. You can sync up your inventory across platforms. 

Message 13 of 15
Super Seller

OK, I am feeling much better. I'll stick with using Square's built-in reports and keep submitting feature requests for the ones I'd like to see. 

I'm still interesting to hear from those using Zapier. 

Message 14 of 15
Super Seller

We use it to consoliate our sales data from different channels including Square, it would be a massive job to do and one we probably wouldn't be able to with out Zapier. So we have half a dozen platforms like NOTHS etc, which we drop the data down from and use some nice Micrsoft packages to handle the data. Apart from the sales data, its great to see where our domestic and international customers are and enables us to tailor our marketing effort to specific locations with Google and Meta ads. 

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 15 of 15