x

Coralie's Crafts & Gifts - Handmade and Bespoke personalised Gifts business

Hello Everyone, 

I'm Coralie and I run my small business Coralie's Crafts & Gifts, in Dorset, England. 

I've been going for nearly 11 years in September. 

I make machine embroidered gifts like personalised towels, aprons, cards, Tote Bags, keyrings and so much more. I started teaching workshops last year and this is what has given me the biggest input to people going to my website. 

I love using square when I'm at events, its helped me not lose sales. 

My website through square is also getting there as I only started it a couple of years ago. I'm finally getting my head round SEO, google console and other bits. 

I want to move away from Etsy completely once I've got my website sorted. As Etsy is just getting ridiculous in fees. 

Looking forward to hearing back from other square members. 

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Welcome @CoraliesCrafts1 ! 

Where abouts in Dorset are you? I've got family in Bridport and there's a thriving handmade market around the area 🥰

Etsy just isn't what it was - was reading some articles the other day, I think they want to get back more to the roots but there's still so much that isn't handmade etc. on there. 

You're in the right place to raise any questions or ask for advice as you make your move. 

Message 2 of 3

Etsy sales are awful this year and last year. They just keep changing the algorithm and its a nightmare. Plus the fees are awful and i lose too much of my hard earned money. With Square I keep more of my money. 

I'm in Blandford Forum, Dorset. 

Message 3 of 3