x

Sort Pending Orders Does Not Work

In this last week I've noticed that the sort in the orders board doesn't work. I normally sort all my pending orders from the shipped and cancelled, in order to check all the pending order boxes and do a bulk print of the packing slips. I haven't been able to do that as of late. Also, the pagination of the orders board is glitch as well. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Square

Thanks for sharing that, @DocHarmony. Usually a reindex will fix that, although if that didn't complete for some reason it might need to be done again. While our engineers look into this, I'll start another one to see if that will help.

Message 40 of 39

Hi @Adam  - if the reindex was completed it did not make any difference. Any time you re-select the 'All Statuses' filter, the order display breaks in a variety of ways. I did not test every permutation, but the issue is connected to selecting 'All Statuses'

Message 40 of 39
Square

Thanks for following up. I checked with our team and it looks like we have an open bug ticket with our engineers about this. Hopefully it should be resolved soon!

Message 40 of 39

Hi @Adam - I guess no ETA on this. Still not working correctly

Message 40 of 39
Square

I have not heard any updates, unfortunately. I'll see if I can found out anything, although usually if there has been any updates there'd be corresponding update on the bug ticket.

Message 40 of 39

I'm having this issue too.  I can't sort reliably on the desktop and I cannot sort at all in the app.  I see others are having similar issues but so far no resolution?

Message 40 of 39
Square

Thanks for posting, @jenniferanne. I've started a re-index of your online store, which can sometimes resolve that. Can you give it several hours or so to complete, and then check again?

Message 40 of 39

Hi @Adam - no update on this?
Message 40 of 39

Hi @Adam - just checking in to see if there have been any developments on this. The filter is still not working correctly. 

Message 40 of 39
Square

I've started a re-index of our site which can sometimes fix that, @DocHarmony. It usually takes several hours to complete, though, so I would give a bit before trying.

Message 40 of 39

Hi Adam,

The problem is strange and typically the re-index does not help. The filter dialogue 'breaks' when certain filter paths are invoked sequentially. You can replicate it like this:

• Orders screen opens at default 'All Statuses'
  • Select 'Pending' - all is fine
  • Select 'All Statuses' - Nothing happens (this is the beginning of the breaking the page)
  • Select 'Shipped' - result is "No orders found", which is not correct. There are hundreds 
  • Select 'All Statuses' - Search and Filter inputs become grey and the page is unresponsive. Only way to fix is to reload the page with the browser.

The issue seems to be related to selecting 'All Statuses' at any point and then trying to select any other category and then going back to 'All Statuses'. See if you can replicate on your end  

Message 40 of 39
Square

Thanks for detailing those steps. I agree that seems like a bug and not an indexing issue. Filtering to pending did have some issues in the past although I don't know if you needed to switch statuses in order to have the issue before. If you haven't yet, can you contact our support team again so they can take a look? It sounds like they'll need to escalate this to our engineers.

Message 40 of 39

Hello,

Just wanted to say that I've had this issue before, which a re-indexing fixed. Today, once again, Order sorting is not working. When I sort status by "Pending", orders that were placed today and have "Pending" status do not show up.

I'm assuming they have yet to fix the bug that is causing this?

My store is www.pictoriographica.com
Message 40 of 39
Square

Hi @noddaduma.

I'm not sure what the status of that bug is right now, but I did start a re-index of your site to see if that helps.

Message 40 of 39

Thanks.  Any chance you could do that again?  I have one order that shipped a couple months ago which shows up in the pending orders list.

Message 40 of 39
Square

Hi @noddaduma I initiated a reindex for the site for you. 😊

Message 40 of 39

Thank you!

-Jason

Message 40 of 39

Hey Bernadette,

Can you reindex again for me? I have a shipped order once again showing up in the pending orders list.

To help troubleshoot why this happens, a customer created two orders back-to-back. I combined shipping, used one to generate the shipping label and marked the other order as shipped. I think this is the one that I just marked as shipped.
Message 40 of 39