x

Setting up Wholesale

I have a e-commerce site, and I am going to be a wholesale dealer for my products. I was wondering if there is a way to set up my store so certain people can put in orders for wholesale but not opening it up to everyone?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

It's a little tricky doing something like that right now, @BASICMIKE. I think the best way to do this is to make some members/groups-only pages and add products from a specific wholesale category to that, then add people to that group so they have to log on to access the products.

Message 2 of 10

Would you know if there is a help video on how to do this.

Message 3 of 10
Square

We do have some great guides on how to do this. The first one is a guide on making pages Members-only:

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/203859386-Membership-Limiting-Page-Visibility-to-Members

And this whole section is on creating products, which you can then connect to with the Products element:

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/sections/205685208-Add-Categories-and-Products

Message 4 of 10

Just testing this now, after a memeber creates an account it seems to take them back to the home page and not the members only page, is there a way to change that?

And is there are way to have the log in box on a wholesale page, not the hidden page? So for example a buyer goes to mywebsite.com/wholesale and there is a bit of general wholesale info there and the log in box if you have an account to go through and view product pages

Message 5 of 10
Square

If you make a page members-only and link to it through any of the normal ways, that should prompt someone to log in and then take them to that page after doing so. For example, you could put a button on your wholesale page that says "log in" and links to a members-only page with wholesale products on it. They'll click the link, be prompted to log in, then see the wholesale products page.

Message 6 of 10

I set up a page for my wholesale customers that is password protected.  

I created a wholesale category and the wholesale items are only displayed on this password protected page.  This works great for my wholesale customers.

HOWEVER users search for my products on Google or Bing and the wholesale product pages are served up directly allowing them to place wholesale orders witjiut the password. 

Is there a way to prevent search engines from circumventing the password protection for the product pages?

Message 11 of 10
Square

I'm not sure if this is possible to do, but I'm checking with the support teams to see if anything has changed. What is the name of one of the items that is only available to members? I believe marking the item as "hidden" should only make it accessible by using a direct link, but I can't recall if it's also possible to display a hidden item on a password protected page using the product element. 

Message 11 of 10

Any update on this issue?

I have dealers that can buy my product and resell it, but its not allowing me to lock the item itself from being purchased by anybody if they use a link to that page... 

Message 11 of 10
Square

Hi @BrianJOR I just noticed that you can now make a product page "members" or "groups" only. You would have to create the product as its own page, so that may be some manual work depending on the amount of items you have. 

Click on Page, then the + sign and add a new product page. You'll be able to select the product, and set visibility.

Message 11 of 10