x

Pro Plan vs Business Plan

I have the Business Plan for my account, but just realized I am also paying for the Pro Account as well.  Isn't this redundant?  Is it because I have several sites, but only one is considered "business" but all the others are Pro sites?  I'm just trying to make sure I'm not paying more than is necessary.

Thanks!

Spencer

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @ Spencer_ Yes, you have a grandfathered Pro account which allows you to have Pro service on all of the sites in your account. Definitely don't want to give that up as it's no longer offered. One of your sites is upgraded to the Business plan which has more ecommerce features than the Pro plan offers. Hope that helps clarify. 

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Best Answer

Hi @ Spencer_ Yes, you have a grandfathered Pro account which allows you to have Pro service on all of the sites in your account. Definitely don't want to give that up as it's no longer offered. One of your sites is upgraded to the Business plan which has more ecommerce features than the Pro plan offers. Hope that helps clarify. 

Message 7 of 6

Hi! I'm trying to go back to a Pro plan from the Business plan but it won't give that to me as an option. How do I switch back to Pro so I'm not charged $38 for the Business plan? Thanks!

Message 7 of 6
Square

Thanks for posting, @gypsyeyedgirl. I've removed your expired Business service, so you should be able to upgrade the site to Pro now.

Message 7 of 6

Bernadette....  apologies for jumping in on this thread.. I don't know how to create a new one.

My question is.. I also have a grandfathered Pro Account (with 10 sites). What I'd like to understand is what Site Features is the Pro Account comparable to.. or is it exactly the same as the newer Business Account? 

I see I have the option for an upgrade to get the Business Plus features... so what would happen to billing if I did this on just one of the 10 sites? Not selling anything currently, so I don't need it right now, but want to understand what happens billing wise, if I did ever need the Plus features?  I do not want to lose my grandfathered accounts so I would like to understand this better.

I'm assuming this what the original poster did, but decided they didn't need the Plus services?

Message 7 of 6
Square

Hi @La225 Yes, you definitely want to keep your grandfathered Pro billing active! Those plans are very rare, and we're not able to recover them if they happen to expire. 

You can individually upgrade any of your sites to a higher plan, and all other sites will remain on the grandfathered Pro plan. If you decide to remove the upgraded plan the site will convert back to the Pro plan with the others. 

Message 7 of 6