x

Blocked by Norton as a "Known Malicious Website" and payment rejected by PayPal

I am wondering if any of these two problems is related somehow to Weebly setup in any way at all.

1. All customers using Norton Antivirus are blocked from my Weebly shop with the message "Known Malicious Website". I have lodged an appeal with Norton and I know a lot of people have had this false positive. But why is Norton flagging Weebly websites as "known malicious" websites? (On a side note: Does anyone know of any good class action lawsuit against Norton for this?  *joking unless someone DOES know one!*  🙂   )

2. Some customers (not all) have their payments refused by PayPal with no reason given. This has happened for quite a few years and I have called PayPal and they would not say why. Recently I asked a customer who had this problem to send the payment directly from her PayPal account to my PayPal account. PayPal held her money for 2 days and then released it into mine. Is this because PayPal detected something suspicious with my Weebly website? Is there a possibility for Weebly to introduce a delayed payment option so that when this problem occurs, Weebly can simply wait a couple of days for PayPal to clear the payment instead of flatly refusing the sale?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Update: Norton has flagged my website as Safe now after I nagged in their community forum. Just lodging an appeal with them didn't do squat until I started nagging in the forum.

Message 3 of 2