x

Alphabetize Products in Store

Is there a way to alphabetize products in your store so that they are ordered and organised in alphabeitcal order based on the product name? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

Not automatically with our current features, @a_cwphotography.  You could create categories for each letter (or group of letters), then add products to those accordingly.  

They won't be alphabetized within each category, but it's one way to get them mostly there using the tools as they are right now.

Message 2 of 11

This would be a very useful feature for our online store of which we are adding over 200 herbs to. When we get new herbs in and will have to add an herb to the site, it is going to look very unprofessional on our end.

Message 3 of 11

Yes, I'm very upset that I cannot re-arrange alphabetically, or any other way.  I spent hours building the website, but am selling nothing as it is too hard for people to find the herbal remedies.   It is just messy.  When it is this going to be fixed? 

Message 12 of 11
Square

Hi @pennysherbals Your visitors can alphabetize the Shop All page if they select the dropdown in the top right corner. Or are you referring to the store backend that you have access to? 

Message 12 of 11

Well I didn't know that (as I guess 99% of my web visitors don't know that).  Thats an improvement, although it would still be better for the shop owner to have control over the way in which customers view the on line store

Message 12 of 11
Square

We actually just released a feature to let you do that yourself, @pennysherbals. In the website editor, go to your Shop All page, then click the button to arrange and add items. You'll see a dropdown at the top where you can change it so items are sorted alphabetically by default.

Message 12 of 11

Hello,

I don't see a Shop All page in my website edior. My store is listed as "Item List" on the ordering page. When I slick the Add and Arrange button it does not give me a an option to drop down and choose how to sort the items. I have a ton of different prepared dinners on my site and they are sorted into catergories "entrees" "appetizers" etc. but they are so disorganized and its very difficult for the customer to find anything because its not in alphabetical order.

Message 12 of 11
Square

You are using the Order Online option @vtesta but you can manually rearrange the list. Click the dropdown in the top left corner, then Order Online > Arrange & Add Items. Then drag/drop the order you wish to use. I don't think your site is difficult to navigate as it is grouped the way I would expect a restaurant to display the menu. Have you had complaints that people find it difficult to use or find a particular item? You can toggle on the option to display "most popular" or "recent order" if it helps. 

Message 12 of 11

I am not seeing a button to arrange my items.

Message 12 of 11
Square

Hi, @gretchenl

The feature mentioned above is specific to the Square Online website editor and not available for the Weebly website editor. 

Message 12 of 11