x

Adding GST to items & shipping

I need to include GST now on my sales and shipping but can not find how to add it in.

i am located in Australia 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Square

Hi @anniejn87 GST should automatically be calculated into your sales if you are located in AU. Is it not working?

Message 16 of 15

Hi.

I made a change in the square app and it is now working.

thanks for replying 

Message 16 of 15
Square

You're welcome. Thanks for updating us. Smiley Happy 

Message 16 of 15

Hi

My product and shipping have GST on the Square App but when i buy them online they come out without GST. 

Can you please help me. 

Thanks

Message 16 of 15
Square

Hi @Caro82 What product are you testing? I'll check in with support, but it should auto apply it where applicable. I don't know enough about AU taxes, but I assume it should be applied to an order with the location you have setup? 

Message 16 of 15
Square

Just wanted to followup, but I did confirm with support that the tax is automatically included in the price of your item. Can you please confirm on SQ end if you see the calculation on Square's end under Sales Report?

Message 16 of 15

I am also having the same issue.

Message 16 of 15
Square

Hi there. The tax should already be properly included into the cost of your items. You can verify this from your Square dashboard. : )

Message 16 of 15

mine is doing the same - no gst on customer invoice 

Message 16 of 15
Square

Hi @judf GST is included into the cost of your item. When you sign up for a Square account from Australia, a tax object is created in Square and that is automatically applied to your items. It calculates the GST by backing it out of the total price, and reports the tax calculation back to the you in Square's sales reports.

Message 16 of 15

Hi Bernadette

The issue here is that the GST amount is not specified on the customers tax invoice. This is a legal requirement in Australia.

Is there a fix for this?

Message 16 of 15
Square

Are you referring to the order confirmation receipt, @Wattsy? Or the tax report on your end?

Message 16 of 15

Hello Bernadette, I am located in Australia as well.

I added GST on several items of my online shop, I cant see any GST taxes collected, on online orders receipt/invoice on the customer's end.

It is compulsory to give GST informations to our customers in Australia,

Is there a way for online customers to see the GST on their end ?

I dont have this issue when I create an invoice on the main squareup Dashboard.

Thks

Message 16 of 15

I am so angry to read this after setting up my shop with retail prices and advertising them already. This is so important and was not featured clearly at all. So disappointing that I now have to go back and change all my prices! What are you thinking Weebly?!

Message 16 of 15