x

Header Height Shrinks / Cuts Off Significantly After Publishing

Hi everyone,

I am encountering a problem with my header image height on my website's home page. When I drag my header to my exact desired height in the Site Builder, everything seems fine. But once I "Publish" my site, the header's height suddenly shrinks drastically and cuts off the top (please see attached photos).

I have tried using various photos (and Weebly native header layouts) and have tried setting the header at various heights to no avail. The header's height always gets cut off after publishing. This is making it impossible to properly design my header.

I am using a 3rd-party theme called "Velo" from Webfire Themes. I have just submitted a support message to them. I thought I would try and see if any of you good folks here might have some clue as to why this is happening? And maybe some ideas for a solution? Was it a mistake for me to go with a 3rd-party theme?

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration!

imageCorrect header height when in Site BuilderimageWrong / shorter height after publishing

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Have you heard back yet from Webfire, @cheeseburger? They're definitely the best point of contact for troubleshooting their theme. When viewing your live site, what happens if you make the browser window a little narrower? Does the header grow taller and look more like it does in the editor?

Message 5 of 6

@AdamThank you for the quick reply! No word from Webfire yet - have sent them a message through their Zendesk, website, & Facebook support options.

When I make the browser window significantly narrower, more of the header photos begins to appear, but the other elements in the header (Title text & buttons) still get cut off, are not centered vertically - basically are still wonky and not like how it is is supposed to be (i.e. not like how it is in the Site Builder).

I have tried the same headers with other themes and they publish fine... Will have to wait and see what Webfire's response is I guess

Message 5 of 6
Square

Ok. Hopefully you hear back soon!

Message 5 of 6

Did you ever get a response from Webfire about this? I just installed their Gecko theme and am having the same issue. I've submitted a help ticket, but thought I'd check in with you to see if there is a good solution to try.

Message 7 of 6

Can you link your website? I may provide a code.
Message 7 of 6