x

No page information in search results

My website used to be a top ranking result when I put in the most important keyword relevant to my site. It would appear with a full description and had no errors. A few months ago I received an email from Google Search Console saying: Search Console has identified that your site is affected by 1 new Coverage related issue. This means that Coverage may be negatively affected in Google Search results. We encourage you to fix this issue."  New issue found: Indexed, though blocked by robots.txt I tried looking into a solution, but couldn't figure out the source of the issue and just ignored it. Since then my website has completely fallen off from Google search results for the keyword. I was able to find it using some other keywords, however it now appears with no information under the site title. It simply reads: No information is available for this page. Learn why The "learn why" page explains that the robots.txt file is blocking the page from being crawled. However, I double checked and both the "Hide this page from search engines." box is unchecked  in the SEO settings tab of the page, and the "Hide Site From Search Engines" slider is off. I checked the robots.txt file and all that it says is: User-agent: NerdyBot Disallow: / User-agent: * Disallow: /ajax/ Disallow: /apps/ and a few other pages that I purposely have hidden from search results. I read that the ajax and apps are fine to be uncrawled.  That leaves me with my question: How do I fix this? I want a description or "page information" to show up under my website in search results. I want my website to be crawled. I want my site to perform as well in searches as it was before this issue appeared. Thank you.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square

That sounds like a pretty common error, @Nrs1994 Can you please post a link to your site and a screenshot of the GA error you see? 

Message 2 of 12

https://www.naynaymusic.com

This is what appears in google search results:

And this is what it shows on my Google Analyticsimage

Message 2 of 12

@Bernadetta
Message 2 of 12
Square

It usually takes Google a few days to process a validation request. I don't see anything wrong with your robots.txt file or domain which should prevent them from seeing it. Sometimes this can happen if Google just temporarily has trouble reaching the file for some reason, and it will continue to list the error until you request a fresh validation.

Message 2 of 12

@Adam You said it usually takes a few days to process, but as you can see from my Google Analytics, this error appeared in June and has continued now for months. There were a few days where there was no issue fairly recently for some reason and then it went back to being a problem. My website is still not showing any information when I search for it.

Message 2 of 12
Square

Has the validation shown in your screenshot completed?

Message 2 of 12

@Nrs1994   did u try submitting ur sitemap again   and inspecting ur page(s)  thus re submitting them again?

Message 2 of 12

Seems like its back up ????

@Nrs1994 @Adam @Bernadette 

Message 2 of 12

@Adam @whitemonkey I had done the validation a couple times and it did nothing. Finally it was validated and worked (as you had shown). Things were good for several days. Then I just now searched and the is no information available again. My google analytics shows nothing wrong at the moment. I just don't understand what is causing this issue when it had never been a problem before.

Message 2 of 12

Still showing here!

@Nrs1994 

Message 2 of 12
Square

Have you tried contacting Google about that? I wonder how they cache site data... it's possible that it will take a little longer for them to update all of their cache, so sometimes it should old info and sometimes new.

Message 2 of 12