x

MY site contains malware?

Hi, please help.

I'm currently getting this message when I try to view my site on Google and when trying to visit the editor weebly page..

The site ahead contains malware

Attackers currently on cdn2.editmysite.com might attempt to install dangerous programs on your computer that steal or delete your information (for example, photos, passwords, messages, and credit cards). Learn more

What can I do?

Thanks

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
Square

Can you check to see if there is an update available for Malwarebytes, @amahoney? You also might want to whitelist your site.

Message 2 of 48

Ok thanks!
Message 2 of 48
Square

Not a problem!

Message 2 of 48
Square

Sorry to hear you are both seeing issues still, @Marjo and @Martin79. The link I gave has instructions for how to submit your site for review for both the site itself and Adwords campaigns:

https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/security/hacked/request_review#b_unwanted_software_in...

It's unclear right now why Google chose to individually block certain sites or Adwords campaigns on top of original warning with our CDN. It seems like they must have made adjustments to some of their automated detection rules that were overly aggressive. If you submit for a review it shouldn't take them long to determine that they're flagging you incorrectly, though.

Message 2 of 48

Adam

I have had my adwords campaign suspended since yesterday for the same reason. The Webmaster Tools only allow you to ask for a review if it shows an error, and they show no error for me. I wrote and asked for a manual review, got one and had my ads restarted only to have them go down again a couple of hours later.

Clearly, Google has not cleared up the issue on its end. I sent new emails to Google two hours ago and have had no reply.

Any help would be appreciated.

Matthew
Message 2 of 48
Square

With the second suspension what reasons did they give? I think it will show the message in your Adwords account rather than Google Search Console.

Message 2 of 48

nothing is solved!
YOU WANT TO SOLVE! THANK YOU

Message 2 of 48

My Campaign has been suspended. I emailed Google support this morning and following the advice in this thread asked for a manual scan. This is the reply I received. 
@Adam asking Google for a manual scan does not seem to help. 
Clearly this is an issue individual users cannot fix. Are you working on a solution for this problem?

In relation to this we have checked your ads and corresponding landing page. However, after running an additional test we've noticed that the system labeled the following section on your website as malicious:
We kindly ask you to delete the specified webpage part. Our systems regularly perform scans to check that all served web pages meet the requirements and do not contain unsuitable softwares or parts that may harm potential users.
As soon as the harmful part of your website disappears, the system will carry out a rescan within a few hours and the ads will be approved if there is no other reason for suspension.

Please check your source code or forward this information to the webmaster to delete the given part. 

If any questions occur, don't hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Peter

Message 2 of 48
Square

Did you submit your site for a review, @seranto

Message 2 of 48

dont work, all adword is offline because malware

Message 2 of 48

My adwords were knocked of because of Malicious Content, and Google traced it down to a specific link http://cdn2.editmysite.com/js/. Not something I did on my end.

Message 2 of 48

Adam, instead of telling people to submit sites for review, maybe you can get your Devs to actually fix the problem. I got the same issue, and I suspect many others do as well. I did have Google run a manual scan and they came back to me with the same broken link as was previously mentioned. http://cdn2.editmysite.com/js/ 

This is a specific link that is not working, and it is showing up by a number of different customers. Now that you know exactly what the problem is. It shouldn't be too hard for your devs to fix. This is costing people a lot of money.

Message 2 of 48

it's simple, it used to work, now it doesn't work
go back to the way it was before

Message 2 of 48

of course, but dosent work still today

Message 2 of 48
Square

There isn't anything for us to actually change on our end because Google's flag of our CDN was incorrect. The problem seems to be that while they fixed this so that Google Chrome won't give a malware warning, they didn't seem to fix it with Adwords. If you submit your ad campaigns for review they are able to fix that for you. We are trying to communicate with them to make changes on their end to stop this, although it's been challenging thus far to make any headway with that.

I can appreciate how frustrating it is to have to do this, though right now the best steps you can take are to request a review of your campaigns.

https://support.google.com/adspolicy/answer/7501932?co=ADWORDS.IsAWNCustomer%3Dfalse&hl=en

Message 2 of 48

I can continue to ask for revision forever but they are always not approved

Message 2 of 48
Square

Try contacting the Adwords support team and asking for a manual review instead. They should be using the Google Transparency tool which will confirm to them that your site has no malware.

https://transparencyreport.google.com/safe-browsing/search?url=

Once they confirm that they can approve your campaigns.

Message 2 of 48

I was just on the phone with Weebly Customer Service. They can walk you through the steps to get this issue resolved with Google. Adam, you should direct people to Weebly customer Service for this issue. Or else they aren't going to be getting it resolved and are only goig to get more frustrated. The Support Rep I had was aware of the problem and it was a great experience

Message 2 of 48

could they write the passages here?

I live in italy the phone call is a bit expensive

Message 2 of 48

Message 2 of 48

Message 2 of 48