x

Google search console is showing "Sitemap can be read, but has errors"

My sitemap, automatically generated by Weebly, seems to have erros. Google search console says "Sitemap can be read, but has errors".  Clicking on this it then shows: "Invalid URL" and the first line shows  "URL:  /" (which, naturally is not a URL). This is followed by dozens more similar errors.

How can this be fixed? There seems no method of regenerating the sitemap or submitting my own.

Message 1 of 11
2 Best Answers
Square

Best Answer

Hi @Zamboniman  This should be fixed now. Smiley Happy Can you please try to resubmit? 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11

Best Answer

Yup, everything seems to be working now. Thanks! Whatever you fixed, worked.

Cheers.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

Thanks for posting, @Zamboniman. Can you please post a screenshot of the errors page? We want to make sure to surface any potential issues to the team. Thanks! 

Message 2 of 11

Sure. Here's the screenshot.

Message 2 of 11
Square

Thanks! I'll update you as soon as I have more info. 

Message 2 of 11

Thanks.

Message 2 of 11
Square

When did you generate the site map? Was it recent? When was the last time you published? @Zamboniman

Message 2 of 11

I tried unpublishing and republishing just a few hours ago to see if that fixed the issue.

It did not.

When you ask, "When did you generate the sitemap" I am unsure how to answer, as I have no control over this. The sitemap.xml is generated automatically by Weebly. I have no information on when or how this occurs. Perhaps during publication? This is why I unpublished and re-published, thinking that it would perhaps generate a new sitemap without errors.

However, this wasn't successful.

Message 2 of 11
Square

The reason I asked on the timing is because it was a feature that was just released yesterday afternoon. Do you remember if you submitted it before yesterday? 

Message 2 of 11
Square

Best Answer

Hi @Zamboniman  This should be fixed now. Smiley Happy Can you please try to resubmit? 

Message 2 of 11

Best Answer

Yup, everything seems to be working now. Thanks! Whatever you fixed, worked.

Cheers.

Message 2 of 11
Square

Glad to hear it's working! Smiley Happy 

Message 2 of 11