x

How do I switch from online store to just website?

I accidentally created this site as an online store site using my important email address, so I can't really just make a new site. It's ok if I have to create the site all over again, I just want to leave this designer site.

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @MarcJ There isn't a way to convert the account, unfortunately. If you are okay with recreating the site, you can change the account email address on file to a backup email. Then sign up for a brand new account with the email you do want to use. Smiley Happy 

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square

Best Answer

Hi @MarcJ There isn't a way to convert the account, unfortunately. If you are okay with recreating the site, you can change the account email address on file to a backup email. Then sign up for a brand new account with the email you do want to use. Smiley Happy 

Message 10 of 9

I have already paid for my site.  Will the credit and GSuite switch to the new account?

Message 10 of 9
Square

Did you contact our support team and request to have those moved over to your new account, @amyjpierce? They can take care of that for you since it wouldn't happen automatically.

Message 10 of 9

Hi Adam - I have but was lacking a response.  I did hear from someone today but it appears not a fun fix.  Thank you - Amy

Message 10 of 9

I can not get to the designer (Web builder) either. I want to drag and drop and design. Is it still available? Or did everything change to an automated way? All I see is Square stuff.

Message 10 of 9
Square

You can still get the older editor, but you will need to make a brand new account. When you make the new site, make sure to choose the option that says you are NOT selling at this time. You will still have access to the old ecom features, however, the Square Online Store editor has more robust ecom options. 

Message 10 of 9

I wonder can anyone help. 

I've been horribly confused for months now and consequently terribly disappointed by Weebly.

All the online tutorials I've tried to use to help me build my site have a different interface and I couldn't understand why.

Today I discovered it's because I chose 'online store' instead of 'website' in the beginning.

It feels like I failed at the first hurdle.

And now, I don't know how to change it. I've looked at the online forums here which say, choose a different email address, sign-up again and I'm still confused.  Does this mean I need to pay for a second subscription?

Would be so grateful for some help.

Message 10 of 9
Square

Hi @allan_rome Sorry for the confusion. You will need to create a brand new account, and make sure to choose the option that you are "not selling" in order to have the old editor. 

Message 10 of 9