x

Why isn't my blog showing up on google search ?

I created several blog posts on my weebly blog and it has been few days but when I search for the posts in google - nothing shows up... How can I fix this ? 

Message 1 of 56
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi @esteewhite 

i emailed u  from the address on ur english language photo blog.

Gr8 photos!!

Hows it going?

View Best Answer >

Message 57 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

have u told google about ur sites?
Message 57 of 56

@whitemonkey the saite is showing up thankfully, only the blog isn't.

Yas I have connected google analytics, webmaster tools, added decsreption and keywords in the SEO section of the blog page... 

None of my blog posts are showing up, I have 4 so far... I even used google's feedburner, not sure if that would help but I gave it a try anyways...

Still no results in search

Message 57 of 56
Square

What is the blog post title and what are your key words? I'm also curious to know what you search for your site to come up. I wonder if it has to do with the popularity of the blog post subject? @whitemonkey is definitely the one to ask on this one. He's put in a lot of work with his blog and (I believe) has some SEO success!

Message 57 of 56

@Bernadette this is a Bulgarian version of my site so my blog posts are in Bulgarian and all the keywords are in Bulgarian. The topic is photography. I have tried searching for the exact title of each post and it shows me no results... 

Words are being picked up from the pages of the website, but not from the blog posts... And my posts are rather long... The blog doen't exist as far as google is concerned...

The topic is popular - every second person is a sefl proclaimed photographer around here...

Maybe I sould write more posts... I'm not sure...

this is the adress of my blog - https://esteefotomua.weebly.com/blog

Message 57 of 56

Hey @esteewhite  @Bernadette 

Go make a cup of tea. This is a long reply

This is a mobile screen shot of your blog page/feedimage

2 points straight out.

1. The image is over shooting the page..

2. The website on the bottom of each photo is incorrect.  You have webly   not weebly.

Further tests..

I searched ur 1st blog post:

site:esteefotomua.weebly.com/blog/all-about-tfp-time-for-print  

Which produces:

Its not on google.

Here is a link to my own blog post detailing how to get on Google.

https://www.nomadicbackpacker.com/blogging-with-weebly/how-to-get-google-to-index-your-pages-on-weeb...

I used to have a  .weebly.com site.   In my experience  Google gives these 2nd priority over a .com  site.

And for my blog i used to use standard pages au lieu de blog pages. Google likes blog pages over standard pages.

I need to access ur site on a PC  to inspect ur pages make up. But blog posts titles by default are h2 tags.  H1 tags are of the highest order.  There is a hack (shhhh dt tell Bernadette)  to make them h1

I made a post about this too.  

https://www.nomadicbackpacker.com/blogging-with-weebly/how-to-change-blog-post-titles-to-h1-tags-on-...

Its not my idea  but it works.  There is a link in my post to editortricks who posted this hack.   but..   these hacks do not work on every theme. 

And if u r unsure about editing html its probably not a wise move to start playing around..   or make a copy if ur site and try out the h1 hack on the copy site.

But u dt need h1  to get on to google.   But ull get higher on the search with h1.  

So   its a long reply.   I hope it helps.   In short  ,

check the 2 points at the top of this reply  and   read my post about indexing...  my method in indexing works within a few hours. And make sure u have done all the points i made.

Good luck  and  please let me know how r u getting on or need more help.

Blagodaria/merci/thankyou

Trev  aka whitemonkey

Message 57 of 56

Just another idea as none of ur blog posts are showing , even the blog feed is not indexed,image

Have you blocked the blog page from search engines??

Message 57 of 56

@whitemonkey Thank you for your replay Smiley Happy 

I made a cup of coffee cos I always do Smiley Happy 

So this thing going on with the image on the blog post is new, it wasn't happening before, I assume it started happening after I added a code to change the background image - it was a code given to me by someone in another topic I created previously... I am quite clueless on codes...

Fixing the images is the esiest part so I am not too worried about it and thank you for telling me that I missed one 'e', my laptop has a semi-working keyboard so it skipps some letters, I'll hopefully fix the images in a bit. 

I have another 2 sites by wordpress and since this is a site for a much smaller audience I decided to go with something free for now.... don't feel like investing in a connect plan... 

It's quite a big difference from wp so I am still just trying to tune in to weebly...

Ok, I will go and read the info in the links and I will try everything that I can Smiley Happy 

will post an update once I'm done.

And no... I haven't blocked the blog page from search engines Smiley Wink it would have been great though if that was the only problem Smiley Happy 

Мерси / Thank You / תודה Smiley Happy

Message 57 of 56

Great

Is that Hebrew? The last word u wrote next to thank u??

Just another idea, did u submit the sitemap after u made the blog posts??

As my post describes,   i submit a site map after any new post.  I found it hurries Google along..

Keep me up dated..😎😎

Message 57 of 56

@whitemonkey Yes it's Hebrew, it's thank you in Hebrew.

I have not submitted a site map, not sure how to do that on weebly 

I just fixed the images ( hopefully ) and I am staring to read about the other things now. 

Message 57 of 56

Omg no site map

Submit one asap

Just put https://yoursite.weebly.com/sitemap.xml on Google search console Thatll sort u out...   thats how u tell Google that u have a site.

Its on my post

Its real easy like everything in weebly...

Message 57 of 56

@whitemonkey 

ok, thank you, just created a sitemap, on to the H1 title tags... but I'll probably finish doing this one after supper 

Message 57 of 56

Inspect ur blog pages  1 by 1 too...   speeds it up

Suggest making a copy of ur site first

Play around with the html on the copy site...

Folllow the h1 tips exactly

If u miss out a :  or a ;   itll make ur site go crazy

Message 57 of 56
Square

One other option for H1 tags is to use an app from the App Center: https://www.weebly.com/app-center/search/h1

Message 57 of 56

@Adam

But how to integrate them (h1 apps) as blog post titles ?

Message 57 of 56
Square

Good point; the apps can only be added to the posts themselves.

Message 57 of 56

i like the weebly tricks, now editor tricks,  h1 tags the best,    though use h+ (h4)   for blog post dates...  

Message 57 of 56

@whitemonkey I tried inspecting the blog posts and it just tells me that the url is not on google

Message 57 of 56

hit REQUEST Indexing....

dt do it more than once... itll pi**   google off... lol

also inspect and index  the  blog page....

Message 57 of 56

@whitemonkey 

that worked Smiley Happy 

it shows that it is on google now 

I still don't see it in results but will try in a while, I will do that wtha all the blog pages and then I will see if I can do the H1 title thing

Message 57 of 56

yup. do it with all ur pages..... itll show on google soon enough... im checking it... too

Message 57 of 56