x

Upload a Photoshop Preview Album

I'm a commercial photographer who uses Photoshop or Lightroom to create preview web pages for clients.  I use FileZilla to upload those pages into my webspace with my current website hosting company, they can make selections and then I take down the site when the job is completed.

Can I do the same with the new domain I'm hosting with Weebly or does everything have to go through their editor?  Obviously I could do something simlar with their gallery function, but doing everything in Photoshop or Lightroom would seem to be faster.

Thanks!

Clark

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Everything would need to be built through our editor, since it wouldn't be possible to upload files via FTP like you can at a traditional web host. 

Message 6 of 5

Kind of what I was guessing given that I hadn't seen any FTP type instructions anywhere.  I have right click disabled, but I can do that on a page by page basis so that clients could pull images from unlinked galleries.  If I create a gallery Weebly creates the thumbnails, does it do additional compression of the original images I upload?

Clark

Message 6 of 5
Square

It does do some compression; you might want to try a few tests to see if the level of compression is enough to be an issue for you.

Message 6 of 5

I'll try a test gallery.  I suppose I can use private albums on Flickr as an alternative.

Message 6 of 5