x

Simple user need for ecommerce & store searches

I updated a site design and noticed a change in store functionality. When a user goes into the product detail, and then backspaces out, they retrun to the first page. So if you look at a product on age 3, having perusied the first two pages, you don't return to page 3, but page 1. Result - instant user dissatisfaction and potential exit from site.

I don't remember this before but with small development changes being made to ecommerce this could be one implication. Development changes often help one function but do not realise they just impacted something else.

Anyone noticed this? Any bad user reactions based on it?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

I'm not sure if we've made any recent changes to navigation within a store. Could you provide a link to a page of your site and steps to what you were clicking? It's probably by design in which case I would recommend posting your thoughts to our Vote on Features board, though it doens't hurt to check.

Message 9 of 8

First for backspace read back arrow.

Site is pollenation.co.uk. 

Go to page 3/4. Click on product for details. Come out of product wih back arrow and you are back at page 1. And the position on page 1 is also random (as I just tested a few products)

The design is "Dusk" - just updated.

Thnx

Message 9 of 8

@Adam

Just an additional thought. You say this is "by design". Who would design something so absolutely contrary to normal web design principles?

Back arrow equals: go back to where I was.

As for the "vote for design features" I gave up with that years ago when ideas were not posted, most of  which being standard to  E-commerce sites. And am now having to accept even more stupid recent adjustments.

Message 9 of 8
Square

Sorry for the frustration @ACn. We are looking into this for you. Do we have permission to publish if needed?

Message 9 of 8

@Bernadette

Thanks for the message. Sure you can publish if necessary. Some update work is being done but the page is currently hidden.

Regards.

Message 9 of 8

I have the same problem, Figured thats just the way weebly is.

Message 9 of 8
Square

Thanks for your patience, guys. We've opened a ticket with our engineers regarding what you're seeing.

Message 9 of 8