x

SEO settings for home page

Hi just wanting to confirm it's a good idea to leave the home page SEO description clear (including page title)

After reading the recommendation from Weebly Help I deleted SEO info on my home page but it was already showing on google search. Should I have left it or will SEO for the overall site eventually replace it? http://www.healingswitch.com.au/

Here's the quote from Weebly Help "We highly recommend utilizing these fields on all of your pages except for your Home page. The Home page fields should be left blank as it's best that this page relies on your site level SEO settings."

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

SEO information you enter into Settings > SEO will be used on your homepage, so it's redundant entering it for your homepage. If you had something different entered there than you have in Settings > SEO, Google should eventually update their search cache of your site. It's hard to say how long that will take, though it should happen automatically at some point.

Message 5 of 4

Hi @Adam , I read from somewhere that the meta keywords under SEO setting is no longer functioning?

Message 5 of 4
Square

They function normally in terms of being added correctly to a site, though it's true that some search engines do not use these in determining ranking and indexing. I think over the years there were so many people doing keyword-stuffing that search engines decided to just stop factoring them into how they index a site.

Message 5 of 4