x

PROBLEM SOLVED - Menu text is splashed across the page

UPDATE

I finally figured out the problem. I put the solution here should anybody encounter the same thing.

I am copying a lot of menus back and forth as we are a bilingual site. I had put copies of the pages in question at the bottom of the hiarchy and forgotten about them. I took a look and indeed there were the copies, and this extra menu did not fit into the top menu. As a result, the titles for each menu item appeared on top of every page in the site.

Hope this can help anyone.

Hello

When I checked our site discovertajimi.com I discovered that the text in the menus in one submenu is splashed across the all pages on the site. It first appeared in the editor, now it is happening on the public site as well. Man Sad

I tried random things like hiding the pages and moving them, but the menu text still is displayed on the site pages. We have use the same template for several years but this is the first time this has happened, and it appears to have started spontaneously.

I tried editing the menu text titles but the old ones remain unchanged on the pages after republishing. This happens across several browsers and after emptying the chache. It seems that this text exists elsewhere, like it lived in a header, but I have no clue where to located it. We have not edited the html or css recently.

This is a client owned site and must be corrected. What can we do to fix this?

Any tips are very much appreciated.

Hans in Japan

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

@HansInJapan 

Which sub-menu??

Message 5 of 4

@NJRFTF 

It's the menu under the top menu item Essays/Walking in Tajimi/HERE

Interestingly, the top page listed there does not appear. It's only the titles for the pages 2 - 6 under that menu that are splattered across the screen. It looks like an incorrectly coded CSS menu. Indeed, I can change fonts etc of those text items by going into the theme options. Completely stuck.

Message 5 of 4

@HansInJapan 

Well done to fix!!

Message 5 of 4