x

How can I get out of the G Suite configuration and verification nightmare loop?

I have signed up for Weebly's G Suite trial so I can create an email, katja@kattasche.com to use with my site. I received the 'Welcome to G Suite' that asked me to sign into the Google admin console and accept the Google Product agreement. However, it won't let me sign into the admin console because it says the account hasn't been verfiied and tells me to contact my G Suite administrator. Who is that? Weebly? It leaves me with nowhere to go.

In the barebones Weebly back end it simply says ' This G Suite account is currently being configured. Check back soon to manage your email accounts.' It has been in this state for three days - again, it leaves me with nowhere to go and no action I can take to push things along or try something different. An immensely frustrating user experience.

I notice in similar postings on the community forum that the cut and paste, oven ready moderator's reply is to accept the Google agreement by logging into the console. But if I'm stuck in the account verification loop as described above, that course of action is a non starter.

I lodged a Weebly support inquiry on this issue 2 days ago. Case #: 58333021 Response... crickets. This whole issue is infuriating and preventing me from launching my site on time. I'd like to get back to the state where I can use the word "Weebly" again without inserting an expletive before or after it.

Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Looks like the domain was registered through Netregistry. You'll have to update all of the dns records (txt and mx) through their end. 

The Google MX records can be found here

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square

Where did you receive the welcome email? If you are currently logged into a Gmail account it may not be able to load the admin page properly. Can you try accessing admin.google.com from a different browser in private/incognito mode? 

Message 13 of 12

This is still an unsolved problem. It simply will not allow me to sign in to the Admin console to accept the terms of service. "Your account has not been verified. Ask your G Suite administrator to verify the domain associated with your account." I've tried different browsers, logged out from everything. Incognito and private settings. Nothing. Hopeless.

Message 13 of 12

...and I've paid for it now. It's not the trial version.

Message 13 of 12
Square

Can you switch to a different browser where you are not logged into any Google accounts, and then try again? Make sure that when you are at the login screen you log in using the G Suite user created and not any other Google/gmail accounts.

Message 13 of 12

Hi Adam. As per above, this does not work. I have signed out of all Google accounts and tried again using safari (both normal and private) and chrome (both normal and incognito) and I bump against the same infuriating dead end (see sceeenshot below).

I hate to sound crude, but I actually want someone at Weebly to get off their backside for once and look into the back end and reset the process or contact me in person so it can be sorted out in real time. Either that, or I'm going to Paypal and requesting the G Suite set up payment be cancelled. It really is an abysmal user experience.

Katja

Message 13 of 12
Square

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with this. I can't tell from your screenshot, but are you trying to login through admin.google.com to verify the domain? 

Message 13 of 12

I am going to Google from the "three dots" on the Weebly email dashboard as per below. And it simply doesn't work. As above it tells me the account hasn't been verified. And then I've no where to go.

Message 13 of 12
Square

Thank you for confirming and sorry for the troubles. Our advanced support team was able to make a change to your account so that you can log into admin.google.com and complete the gmail setup. 

Message 13 of 12

Thanks for that. I've hit another hurdle in so far as nothing appears other than a "register a domain name or transfer a domain name" generic page when I go to the domains tab from Weebly. This means I can't complete the TXT verification for Google. Where is my domain name (which I set up with Weebly)? I can't get through and edit DNS records to complete verification. Any chance the advanced support team can look at that too?

Message 13 of 12
Square

Best Answer

Looks like the domain was registered through Netregistry. You'll have to update all of the dns records (txt and mx) through their end. 

The Google MX records can be found here

Message 13 of 12

Sorted - I think! Thanks, Bernadette.

Katja

Message 13 of 12