x

How Do I add social share buttons to website?

I have a website that was built for a specific client but he does not use it much anymore.  I have started posting a few things now and then as the "editor" of the site.  I can't figure out how to get to the weebly app store from that websites back end.  It's here --- https://www.biznewsbuddy.com/

I have pasted code for some free icons but for some reason that does not work.  Sigh. 

Can I get some help with this please?  

Thanks in advance for your consideration in this matter. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square

The App Center is not available for designer client sites, which is why you don't see it as an option for the site. Where on the site were you trying to add social icons?

Message 4 of 9

The floating ones from online - I forget where from now.  Sigh.

I was just adding the code to the HTML code box. 

Is there something else I should do? 

Thanks!

Message 4 of 9
Square

Hi @VerbatimEB The site is showing the social apps.. did you find what you were looking for? 

Message 10 of 9

Hi.

No.  Those are profile icons - I need social media SHARE icons. I put in the code but don't know where to go to make sure the code is in the right place.  All the one's I've tried don't work.  I think they would work if it was easier to add them. 

Message 10 of 9
Square

Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying. What is one of the codes you are trying to use and where did you find the instructions? For example, did you follow this guide from Facebook? https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/like-button/

Message 10 of 9

NO.  These are "share this" buttons.  I already have a facebook like and a twitter button.

THAT's not what I need!  

Where do I put THIS CODE? on the page?  I keep adding it and it does not work. 

Message 10 of 9

The instructions are very easy ---

Message 10 of 9
Square

Add that code to the Footer Code field found in Settings > SEO, and it will add it just before the closing </body> tag of every page of your site.

Message 10 of 9