x

blank pages or a template that actually works

hi. i've been *very* frustrated with weebly.  i can build the website i want in wix in literally less than an hour. i've spent 2 weeks+ with weebly and still haven't duplicated the thing.

i have my own domain and host so why should i pay wix for something i already have? and weebly is the builder of choice by my host company.

however the templates i have to choose from are *nothing* like what i need. when i do choose something i have gobs of html pages, css pages, not to mention code for oodles of items i do not want!   i like my code to be clean and easy to read and this mess is just not going to cut it.

how in the heck can i get rid of all the BS that is added?

and why can't i just open a blank template? huh? i've searched and searched and i hope i've looked right at it without seeing it, but i can not for the life of me find "blank page template to do whatever i darn well want" with  😞

please help.

TY

libby

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

I believe Weebly does have something like blank templates for developers/designer (I thought I had the link).  You may want to make google your friend.

here you go https://dev.weebly.com/get-started-with-themes.html

Message 2 of 5

thanks, i'll see if it's any better. i have been searching all over google for blank templates et al and i have come up with nothing. only "use and modify" the templates in weebly i've already seen/tried.   but i'll try the link to the base template - which never came up in a search for blank empty template theme pages weebly (+/- a word or 2) and see what it looks like...

Message 3 of 5

I have the same problem. I want to fill the pages mainly with text, so I just want simple blank pages with a restrained header. All the sample pages are filled with design elements which I don't need and can't use, and it will take me ages to find out how to delete all the bits and pieces. I'll have to go elsewhere.  

Message 4 of 5

Hello bloggersam! It sounds like you may just want to create a new page in the Pages menu, as that shouldn't include any elements along with it.

Message 5 of 5