x

Unable to add payment method - invalid cvv

My company recently switched banks, and I have been issued a new credit card.  I need to use this card to pay for our Weebly Pro account and domain name registration.   I deleted the old card on file, and am attempting to add the new card.

Every attempt gives me a "Please enter a valid security code" error.  I know this card is valid, as I have already used it on other sites.  I have also successfully updated payment method information on other sites including entering the cvv code.

I even attempted to put the old card back in, and I get the same error.  I used that card for over a year with no issue on Weebly.

Please provide on eta on when this issue will be resolved.  My site renews in February, and I need to get an updated payment method to you before then.

***Tried just now to simply purchase another 6 months on our Pro account instead of adding it as a payment method on file.  That's even worse.  Tries to tell me the card number, expiration date, and cvv code are all wrong.  What is going on Weebly?***

- Update - Need an answer on this.  Why can I not use my credit card to pay for your services?

Also went through the trouble of setting up a paypal business account thinking I'd just use that to pay Weebly.  Again, was able to add my company credit card to PayPal's payment methods with no issues whatsoever.  Weebly declines the PayPal payment request...Why?  Are you trying to tell us to find a new host?  Too many customers since the Square acquistion, need to prune some of us off?  Looking to shut down Weebly soon?  This is ridiculous!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

Thanks for your post, @jtrout4002. I'm not sure why you're having trouble adding any cards since I can't see any particular billing error messages. I do see where you tried to use PayPal, but they didn't return a reason when it failed. 

I just made a change on our end that could potentially help. Can you try again and post again if you still see the same thing?

Message 5 of 8

Just tried both Paypal and using the card directly.

No change, still claims an invalid security code.

-- Also, just made a purchase using the card at Amazon.  No issues there at all, payment accepted.--

--Further update.  I was able to purchase another 6-month extension on the Pro plan via the Paypal method.  It still would not accept my card directly.  It did add the Paypal account under "Payment Methods", but it still won't allow me to assign it to anything under "My Services".  I guess I'll just have to set calendar reminders to come in and manually pay since auto-renewal is apparantely no longer offered on the Weebly platform.  Very annoying and not at all how I want to pay for your services.  At least I have until August now to find a new blogging platform though.--

Message 5 of 8
Square

Sorry for the hassle, @jtrout4002. I'm glad you were able to renew; it can difficult figuring out issues like this because we don't really have much visibility in why a transaction won't go through.

Message 5 of 8

Same thing is happening to me, I made a free account trying to purchase a paid account and I get the same error msg. 

Message 9 of 8
Square

Do you have any other payment methods you can try, @gbsa850?

Message 9 of 8

I used PayPal for one month of performance. Had my domain pointed to my weebly site yesterday. Waiting for that to take effect. I'll try again at the end of the month. Hopefully the glitch will be fixed by then.

Message 9 of 8
Square

Ok! Let us know if you still have trouble.

Message 9 of 8