x

RSS Feed -- how to get it working?

From what I can find on the site-building information, I should just be able to drag the "Blog Feed" icon onto my site and have it working. However, when I click on the feed on the live site, I get an error message saying "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below." and then a lot of code. Is there something else I should be doing to activate the RSS feed?

Message 1 of 31
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

If you view an RSS feed in your browser, that's what you'll expect to see since it's an XML file. You'll want to use the URL of that with a feed reader program. For more info, see this guide in our Help Center:

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/201913808-What-is-an-RSS-Feed-

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Square

Unfortunately, no, there isn't really a way to customize the number of posts the RSS feed uses. Sorry about that!

Message 22 of 31

Hey Adam, i've still not managed to get my RSS feed working. Would you or anyone from the team be able to write up a simple, comprehensive way of doing this? 

Would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Message 23 of 31
Square

The RSS feed should be automatically generated as you publish blog posts. What's the address of your site, @Farid?

Message 24 of 31

Hey Adam,

It's www.faridherrera.com

Message 25 of 31
Square

Hi @Farid

Do you have a feed reader on your browser? The RSS link is only going to work if the viewing device already has a pre-installed feed reader. For instance, Chrome does not have one automatically available, but Firefox does. This is what the page looks like in Firefox, and as the end user I have the option to subscribe to your blog from the reader link on your page:

Message 26 of 31
Square

It may not seem super intuitive, but if someone clicks on that link from you blog page there's a pretty good chance that they already have a feed reader setup on their device. Smiley Happy 

Message 27 of 31

I see,

Yes your right, seems to work for me when I opened via firefox.

I ask because one of my students tried to subscribe but the feed wasn't working for him. I guess that's because his device doesn't have a feed reader? I will let him know and keep you up to date. 

Thanks so much, Bernadette.

Message 28 of 31
Square

My pleasure! Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 31

Hi there!  Hoping you can help me as well! 

I'm trying to use POWr Editor's social feed to use the RSS feed feature, but when I enter my RSS feed address (http://www.atfmedical.com/1/feed), it says "not an RSS feed".  

I made sure my blog page is not password protected and can't figure out what the issue is.  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated! Smiley Happy

Thank you so much! 

Message 30 of 31
Square

Hi @amott2239 You need to have a feed reader on the device/browser you are viewing from. For example, if you open the link in Firefox (which includes a reader) you will see this:

If you open in Chrome (without a feed reader extension installed) you will see this:

Message 31 of 31