x

Members tab

My "members" tab in the the settings is not there, and i have purchased the business package as well. Please help, because i cant look at any of my members or create groups without it.

Message 1 of 46
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Thanks for posting, @Holiday. I've fixed that for you so if you refresh you should see the Members tab now.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

I would suggest to give up on this. I have been hasseling Weebly for 18 months about this and they still haven't fixed the issue. I have been asking for an ETA as due to this issue, I was facing a legal issue (I have to have my products behind a login). I am now in the process of leaving Weebly. This was Weebly's response in June last year:

We can certainly understand and appreciate that you're anxious to get the bug resolved. As I'm sure you can understand, the reason we can't give an ETA is not because we don't want to but an ETA would set a false expectation - there is absolutely no way to predict the future and tell you that a bug will be fixed in X days. This would be the case with Weebly or with any complex software platform or application. 

Please don't take that as brushing off your concern - but hopefully that clarifies a bit why we have no way to provide an ETA and will not be providing one as it would be of no help.

I can tell you it is definitely still being worked on for those affected and our engineers will deploy a fix as soon as they have one ready. They may discover a fix tomorrow, or it may be some more weeks - it is impossible to tell and that is why ETA are not given.  

If you need to move your hosting due to a bug, and rebuild your site elsewhere, that would be unfortunate but you do need to do what's best for your business. That said, keep in mind that no platform is without bugs; it's simply the nature of software and technology. Please understand we cannot address any legal issues you may be having, but if your customer will be having a website on the internet then at some point during the life of that site (regardless of where you build it), it will be subject to a bug or an outage of some type. Some of those bugs may be widespread and fixed quickly. Some may be rare and affect only a few sites and may take weeks or months to resolve.  

Hope some of that helps you make whatever decision you need to make - providing you an ETA when that's impossible, would not be helping you in this situation. 

Cathleen
Square Online & Weebly Customer Success

Message 2 of 46
Square

Hi @lukevitale and @Roigard 

Weebly employees do not have access to third party accounts, unfortunately. @@lukevitale for what it is worth, I do see a login link on your website. Is this what you are referring to, or do you mean you cannot access the Members tab from within the site editor? 

Full disclaimer, I do not know if I will be able to provide much assistance with the account access limitation, but I will try to provide as much general information as I can. 

Message 2 of 46

Hi @Bernadette, thanks for the repsonse,

what I'm referring to is the Members tab that is slotted to the left-hand side of the "Settings" screen in the Site Editor menu. I believe last time I saw it there it was under the Editors tab (which is also missing) and that Editors tab was slotted under the SEO tab.  Attached is a picture of what my screen currently looks like... as well as a screenshot of what the 3rd party support's screen's instructions are telling me to do and what I think my screen SHOULD look like imageimage

Message 2 of 46
Square

I believe this happens if the "store" members is activated. Can you return to the main dashboard, then click Settings > Checkout > Advanced Settings and see if the "customer account" option is enabled? If you uncheck this and save the setting you should see the members option show up again in the site editor. 

Message 2 of 46