x

website domain problem.

hi guys, 5 years ago I made a website and bought a domain name in weebly. Recently I accidentally change my paid domain into free domain which is klcse.com into klcse-old.weebly.com. now i want to change the domain back to my previous paid one which is klcse.com but it said unavailable due to the name have been taken. is there any other way for me to get the previous domain back ?

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @yavierk, thanks for posting on the Community.

According to who.is, the domain klcse.com was registered on 2008-02-15 and expires on 2025-02-15. 

If you still own the domain, you can simply reconnect it to your Weebly website. To do so :

1. From your Weebly account, go to Website > Domains.
  2. Select Connect domain.
  3. Under Use a domain I own elsewhere, type in your domain name and select Verify.

If you don't own the domain anymore, it means that someone else bought it and that you're unable to use it. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do on our end if that happens. 

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @yavierk, thanks for posting on the Community.

According to who.is, the domain klcse.com was registered on 2008-02-15 and expires on 2025-02-15. 

If you still own the domain, you can simply reconnect it to your Weebly website. To do so :

1. From your Weebly account, go to Website > Domains.
  2. Select Connect domain.
  3. Under Use a domain I own elsewhere, type in your domain name and select Verify.

If you don't own the domain anymore, it means that someone else bought it and that you're unable to use it. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do on our end if that happens. 

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions.

Message 2 of 3

yeah, however the problem is it require me to go to the domain's provider website to change some setting and i remember i don't have the access for that since i bought it directly from weebly. 

Message 3 of 3