x

premature threating emails

Hi

I have overall been pleased w my website service, but in the last few weeks have rec'd several emails from Weebly telling me I need to renew my domain names asap or my site will be discontinued. This is confusing to me because my  original paymt was for a full year-until dec 11th, 2018.** In spite of this, my latest email (last week) indicated my site would be suspended! I responded with a question about this but got no response, and today, still more than 2 weeks before the 1 yr plan is up- I see that my site has indeed been suspended! I am quite angry about this, and since this can affect my biz, I have renewed as of today. However, I want an explanation for this action. Seems there is no way to get this.... Anyone else have this issue???

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square

Thanks for posting, @Insights. We auto-renew domain names about 45 days early to ensure that there's time to update billing if the renewal fails. Once a domain name expires it can quickly end up out of our control where you would no longer have access to it. We only do this with domains, though, so other services like Starter will renew on the renewal date.

Message 3 of 2