x

No Preview image when linking directly to an item

I've noticed this on twitter as well as facebook, when I share a direct link to my items, no images are shown along with the link.  I have no problems with this on other websites, but it seems like the only time I get some kind of image is when I link to my splash page, and even then, it's the image I uploaded.  This doesn't help me when I'm trying to get people to see my items on other websites.  Is this just not a feature/option for our stores? Or is this something I need to do on my end to "turn it on" so to speak. 

imageimageimage

Amy's Treasures Design the place to find customized beaded pens, puzzles, notebooks, and more.
amystreasuresdesign.com

Chuck: "Guys.... I know kung-fu." "Chuck Versus the Ring"
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Hi Amy. I'm pretty sure this is something the team is working on, but I'll have to double check first thing next week. I don't see an og image when I run it through the Facebook Debugger Tool and as far as I know there is not a way to add your own manual code (for the og image) on the item page. 😕 

Message 6 of 5

Thanks.  

Amy's Treasures Design the place to find customized beaded pens, puzzles, notebooks, and more.
amystreasuresdesign.com

Chuck: "Guys.... I know kung-fu." "Chuck Versus the Ring"
Message 6 of 5

This is a feature I would like to access, too. People don't click links unless there's an image accompanied with it. Seems important!

Message 6 of 5
Square

Do you have an example item you are trying to share where an image is not being included, @RiviereParley?

Message 6 of 5