x

How can I speak to someone in the senior team at Weebly?

I built a site using Weebly through Siteground. Some of my pages are not loading. Siteground escalated the issue when they couldn't fix the problem and apparently it is now with Weebly's developers who are trying to sort out the problem. It is now Day 9 and no word about where things stand. Siteground can't help as they say the issue is with Weebly. Weebly says they can't help as I don't have an account with them. They won't even let me speak to their senior team, the only people now who know what is going on with my site. Does this sound fair? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

@designcolleague

What is the url of your website?

Message 8 of 7

@designcolleague:  Unfortunately my reply may not be comforting, but I will post this so others who are getting lured by the cheap hosting plans from resellers may think twice.  First of all 'It is Weebly's' fault is a standard response from all those resellers who can not count more than 10.  They are basically lying when they say 'Weebly's senior team is investigating'.  If you have customized your theme you will have zero luck - even if you were a Weebly customer. 

My best advice would be to try to get back to the state when every thing was working - i.e. undo those changes and remove those customization.  If that does not work you may want to consider recreating your site (on Weebly) or getting some professional third party help. (Trying to talk to some one at weebly - when you are not even a customer of them would be waste of time).

Message 8 of 7

@NJRFTF site is designcolleague.com. The problem is fixed now. Thank you.

@bobafett Thank you for your response and advice. The problem seems to be fixed now on Day 10 which I think is rather long but relieved that all is now fixed (Is it the complaining and 'can I speak to your boss' that did it?). I must add though that the hosting plan was hardly cheap. I delibrately chose a more expensive plan, with what countless reviews said were a very good company, in order to access good customer care. 

Out of curiousity and for future reference, which hosting plans/companies would you recommend?

Message 8 of 7

@designcolleague:  I can not tell you about the plans - it depends on your needs.  However, if you want to use weebly buy the plan through the mother ship Weebly.  And I might add if you are not too good with custom coding, just stick with what base weebly offers or now they have hundreds of APPs (some free, some not free).  Weebly offers easy way to customize stuff and it is very tempting to get codes from Internet and stick it in.  But then you are own your own.

BTW Sneha you do have very nice portfolio and site.

Message 8 of 7

Hello designcolleague!

That does certainly sound unusual. Third party providers do have a direct line of contact with our team here, though your provider should be able to give you any updates on the situation as they arrive.

Message 8 of 7

@Queso Thank you for your response. It's good to know that they have a direct line to you folks. I wasn't getting enough updates for me to know where things stood. When you are nearing Day 10 with nary an assurance in sight, any customer would start to get concerned. Thanks for letting me know.

Message 8 of 7