x

301 Direct Failed

I would like to 301 redirect "/applications.html" to a standard page. However, the 301 setting keep disappearing after saving.

The page of "/applications.html" has been deleted and we have created a non clickable menu named Applications. The page of "/applications.html" shows on the search result page and appears 404 when we click the link. So we want to do 301 redirect. Please help to see why the 301 setting keep failing, thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

my 301 redirects disappear after publishing also!

Message 4 of 7

I fixed mine by changing the name of old pages that I wanted to re-direct - makes sense but is a little cumbersome if I don't actually want to delete the pages in question?

Not to worry though - all done now!

Message 4 of 7
Square

If you rename your non-clickable menu from Applications to "Software" or something like that, does it let you save your redirect?

Message 8 of 7

Yes, I've renamed it and saved the redirect again, it works. But why we can't redirect the page which is named the same with the non-clickable menu? I don't think changing the name is the proper way.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 7

Hi Adam,

Sadly, if I add a 301 url redirect, I can't save the configuration. I'm able to save the redirected url and page pair but not the config settings at the bottom.

Thank you!

Message 8 of 7
Square

Which site did you want to add one to, and what were you entering? I'll see if it will save if I try and add it.

Message 8 of 7