x

Why is my device not connecting via Bluetooth anymore?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: doesn't connect]

My square terminal doesn't connect to my Samsung.  When I hold the button for three seconds the lights flash but they blink red when I let go of the button.  I end up conducting all transactions from the phone virtual terminal.  What can I do to fix this? 

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

@FBbbq ;

welcome to the sellers forum, we  are a bunch of users of Square that try to help other sellers.

Are you using your cell phone as a Hot Spot to connect Square Terminal to you phone?  The Terminal connects through Wifi to confirm a sale.  So is this the Device your using?

Square TerminalSquare Terminal

Here is more about connecting Square Terminal to your POS, but not sure if this connects to a cell phone. 

Here is more about Square Terminal and connecting it : https://squareup.com/help/ca/en/article/7428-connect-your-square-terminal-to-spos 

Since your saying three dots I am assuming you mean the Bluetooth Reader.

Which looks more like:

Bluetooth readerBluetooth reader

This connects through the Bluetooth on your cell and you would need to have Bluetooth enabled on your phone, then open the Square App and add the reader to the Square app that way.  Here is how to connect a reader to your Cell: Cell to Bluetooth reader 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

Best Answer

@FBbbq ;

welcome to the sellers forum, we  are a bunch of users of Square that try to help other sellers.

Are you using your cell phone as a Hot Spot to connect Square Terminal to you phone?  The Terminal connects through Wifi to confirm a sale.  So is this the Device your using?

Square TerminalSquare Terminal

Here is more about connecting Square Terminal to your POS, but not sure if this connects to a cell phone. 

Here is more about Square Terminal and connecting it : https://squareup.com/help/ca/en/article/7428-connect-your-square-terminal-to-spos 

Since your saying three dots I am assuming you mean the Bluetooth Reader.

Which looks more like:

Bluetooth readerBluetooth reader

This connects through the Bluetooth on your cell and you would need to have Bluetooth enabled on your phone, then open the Square App and add the reader to the Square app that way.  Here is how to connect a reader to your Cell: Cell to Bluetooth reader 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Message 2 of 4

I've had the reader for over two years it was working fine until recently.  My Bluetooth on t my phone is on, but the reader is not trying to connect. even trying to reset it doesn't work.  

Message 3 of 4
Square Champion

@FBbbq ;

If you had the reader for 2 years and it worked fine, my suggestion is forget the Bluetooth reader connection on your cell.  Then open the Square app, and go through the setup again.  Sometimes after an update you need to unpair the reader then go through the setup like it is a new bluetooth device in Square.  This does not happen often but it does happen once and awhile.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 4 of 4