x

Why are my email notifications inconsistent?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Email Notification of Orders Is Missing Client Name]

Orders are inconsistent- some come with name of client and other just email address. Can anyone tell me how to fix this

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hi @nyced,

Happy to look into this for you. Do you take your orders online, in person, or both? Also, when did you notice this begin to happen?

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 5

Happy to see you fast reply. I hired a zap expert to build example between Sq and Zap  and zoom. It’s only been about five days that this has been running and we see that about half of the time booking from this process from Sq to zap to zoom with no problem. The other half get rejected and the reason they get rejected is that Sq is not sending customer order and customer name with the booking to the zap.  And other times the booking goes through perfectly well and we can’t explain this inconsistency of success and failure.

Today I uploaded a small customer file from another service thinking that maybe the match process between the new customer import would solve this problem. We will see. There’s more documentation if you need it to see exactly the nature of the failure in the data stream.

Message 3 of 5

forgot to say- online store- person books on our square page and then pays via square checkout. we got an email confirmtion thats is only 50% passing customer details- snd then zap gets that order and either processes it to rejects it

Message 4 of 5
Alumni

@nyced What is the URL for your site? Also can you explain a bit more as to what Zap a nd Zoom are for when processing payments? Thank you!

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 5 of 5