x

When I run a Square Report summary, SKU numbers and Categories from BigCommerce don't show up

When I run a Square Report summary, SKU numbers and Categories from BigCommerce don't show up. All other data syncs.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @russgerber

There are limitations when it comes to the report integration with BigCommerce. Not all information will show in the report on your Dashboard. 

Is the information that is showing between the two correct?

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Yes, though as I say SKU numbers and Categories do not show. Left blank.

Message 3 of 6
Square Champion

@russgerber ;

From what I have found out when I had Square as my Online processor (No longer compatible with my online Store).  My Square Report would just show the Total amount charged from my online store and some generic Square Charge.  To see what Items were sold and Quantities I had to check my Web hosts Online reports or download them as CSV files.  When I downloaded my Web hosts Csv files I had more data then I would need including what I named the Item at my online store and the SKU or GTIN etc code that I had listed.   You may need to get this data from BigCommerce is all I am saying and match it to the Square Transactions.  I basically now Import my sales to QuickBooks from Square and from my Online store to track my sales and inventory.  Since QuickBooks uses the GTIN or SKU as the tracking number for the items this has been working for me, since Squares integrations are not able to track everything as you have mentioned.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Currently testing this integration. So far with test purchases made via BigCommerce, orders appear in Square with the correct item name, quantity, and customer details including price/shipping paid, and shipping address. But SKU and category are not relayed to Square, so the sales report data leaves the items "uncategorized". I don't want all online sales to be "uncategorized" so unless this can be corrected in settings in the BigCommerce app sync/settings panel this is not going to work.

Message 5 of 6
Square Champion

@echocl ;

It most likely ill not work as when you make a sale at BigCommerce, BigCommerece just sends the Total to Square to charge the Credit Card and verify it.  So BigCommerece is not sending each item to Square to even check if it is in Squares Inventory etc, it only sends the total that will be charged to the credit card.  I had this same issue when I used Shift4Shop and Square as a CC processor.  You would need a Middle Software Accounting program for this.  I exported my Square Sales including Items and SKU and GTINS to QuickBooks Desktop and Also exported my Item sales from Shift4Shop sales to my QuickBooks account.  In QBS I use the sku/gtin fields which is the same in all three to link the different csv files.  So I input Items to Quick Books, this then slowly subtracts what I sold in store at Square, and also slowly shows what I sold Online.  Then once both Square and Shift4Shop daily sales are imported to Quickbooks I have to export my Items from QuickBooks to Square and Shift4shop as they want the CSV files in certain order.  This is where I use Excels powerqueries to format to csv files for both Square and Shift4Shop.  All Imported sales from Square are under customer "Square" and all online sales are under customer "Shift4Shop" for online sales in my sales in Quickbooks.  This way I can see how much I sold in Square and online at Shift4shop.  Figured if I ever sell on ETSY or Amazon I would have to do the samething.  The only alternative I see is having everything online..... meaning using an Online accounting package that works with Zapier.  Then when you have a sale from Square or BigCommerce, a Zap would be made to enter this sale in your accounting package.  You may also make a Zap that if a sale is made at BigCommerce that items quantity is lowered in Square, and if a sale is made in Square that item is reduced at Big Commerece.  But since Square has its own Web site for online sales I do not think the items will ever come from another online source to Square.

Basically Square is aCredit Card Processor and tracks inventory for Square Sales.  So when you have BigCommerce as a webhost for online sales, the Square integration only is for accepting the online payments.  BigCommerce tracks your inventory for online. But if you are like me with 1 location, this all comes from one inventory pool.  Square is not setup to do all your inventory from different income streams.  That is what accounting software is for to track all income and out going streams of $$$$.  Square only tracks income for sales through Square, and tracks costs of merchandise.... no utilty or rent expenses etc.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 6 of 6