x

Weebly: Make clickable link WITHOUT seeing web address

I have been working in Weebly for years and have always been successful with creating links in text - highlight the text, click link, enter the website/email address, and poof - the text is hyperlinked.

There has been a change where when I go through the process now, the website is hyperlinked and added to the textbox and the text remains non-clickable.  So now I have text to click (e.g., course schedule) but what it looks like is www.abc.com/schedule course schedule (not the actual website).

I use some registration programs and tiny urls, as well as people's email addresses, and would prefer for this information to not all just be there on the page.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Katie

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @LongleafMedical,

Welcome to the Community!

I want to make sure I provide you with the most accurate information. Can you please provide a screenshot and your website URL so I can look further?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Message 2 of 5

Hi Robyn -

Thanks!

website is www.longleafmedical.com

A clear example is on page: https://www.longleafmedical.com/wfr-three-lakes-feb23.html

In the gray box, it lists the course host as HoneyRock.  Typically, I am able to hyperlink the text "HoneyRock" so that it goes to the listed website.  In this case, adding the web address to the link box just then adds it to wherever I click my cursor rather than turning text to hyperlink.

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello @LongleafMedical 

The feature is working just fine for me, so it's unlikely that we're facing a bug or widespread issue. 

Let's do some browser troubleshooting. You can find our recommendations in this article.

Also, worth noting, our support team suggests using Chrome for the best experience with the Weebly website builder (and because it's the browser we use, we can troubleshoot issues easier)

If after running through the troubleshooting steps, you continue to have issues, reach out to our Support team.

Thank you

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

to longleafmedical.com,

I had the same problem but was able to fix it when I used the website link without the http:// in front of it. I tried using the Chrome browser, but it didn't change. I hope this helps.

Message 5 of 5