x

Take Pre-Payment and Hold card for no-show

I am a service provider. Some of my services require a deposit and some don't. Additionally, I want to hold a card on file for no-show. It looks like the settings in Payments & Cancellations only allows one or the other and not both. Is there a way I can setup prepayment for some of the services and require card for no-show for all services? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Hi @beautiaura.  It does not look like there is a way to do both for one appointment.  I’m going to suggest that you submit a couple of feature requests to the Appointments Team.  Read the submission criteria carefully or you won’t get anywhere, trust me.  Also, don’t attempt to be helpful and offer suggestions.  It only muddies the waters and confuses the reviewers.

I see two feature requests here:

1. Allow deposits to be charged at the services level, in addition to the appointment level.
  2. Allow appointments with deposits to also require a card on file for no-shows.

It would be a good idea to give them an idea of how this would work in your business, with a concrete example of such things in action.  That will help them in their evaluation.  Anyway, once submitted, they will be reviewed and someone will get back with you in your notifications box.

Best of luck!

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2