x

Square Payroll app

Hello. I was having issues on my square payroll app last week, so I went ahead and deleted it and then when I went to re-download it, the square payroll app is gone in the apple app store. Does anyone know whats going on? Im so confused. The app is the easiest way for me to check my employees timecards. So if anyone has any answers that would be great!

Message 1 of 19
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @hannahbeggs @TheRealChipA 

The mobile Payroll features migrated to the Team app. It has not rolled out to 100% of sellers yet, but please download the Square Team app as the next update will include Payroll features.

In the meantime, if you do not see Payroll features in the Team app, we suggest using your mobile browser instead of the Payroll app. Keep an eye out for an email in the next week announcing Payroll features in the Team app.

You can download the Square Team App for iPhone from the App Store on an iPhone or from Google Play on an Android device or by scanning this QR code:

Ryan_M_0-1694632399407.png

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Square Champion

Hi @hannahbeggs.  That’s definitely odd.  Another seller reported that it had disappeared from the Google Play store, too.  It’s definitely gone in both, it seems!  Hopefully, a Square moderator can enlighten us.  I’ve sent a message to someone who I hope can check.  Back soon.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 19
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @hannahbeggs @TheRealChipA 

The mobile Payroll features migrated to the Team app. It has not rolled out to 100% of sellers yet, but please download the Square Team app as the next update will include Payroll features.

In the meantime, if you do not see Payroll features in the Team app, we suggest using your mobile browser instead of the Payroll app. Keep an eye out for an email in the next week announcing Payroll features in the Team app.

You can download the Square Team App for iPhone from the App Store on an iPhone or from Google Play on an Android device or by scanning this QR code:

Ryan_M_0-1694632399407.png

Message 3 of 19
Square Champion

@Ryan_M thank you!  I’ll see if I can find that other thread about the Android app and link them to this post.  

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 4 of 19
Admin

@TheRealChipA I believe I already replied to that one and it's pinned to the homepage as well. I modified to be about all Payroll apps so other sellers might see it. Thanks for your help! Let me know if you see other posts like this.

Message 5 of 19
Square Champion

@Ryan_M One question.  I have a personal login in for the Team App because I am on the schedule.  I also use that for team messages, etc, rather than using my master account credentials.  Does this mean that I’m going to have to switch between those two logins in order to run payroll and perform other functions that used the be in the separate app?

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 6 of 19
Square Champion

@Ryan_M No matter your answer, I realize that I might be able to eliminate my personal login and just schedule the master login since it can be “scheduled.”  Right?

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 7 of 19

Hello! So i logged out of my personal square team & logged in as the owner and now it does have a "payroll" tab. So it looks like we will want to stay logged in as the owner to access payroll features. And we can still add ourselves to the schedule, since the owner login can be scheduled!

Message 8 of 19
Admin

@hannahbeggs @TheRealChipA Yes, instead of using 2 different apps, you would need to login to the Team app as a employer to see the Payroll employer features or as an employee to see the Payroll employee features.

Everything you were able to do in the Payroll app should be available to you in the Team app. You should be able to add your own employee profile (yourself) to the schedule. 

Message 9 of 19
Square Champion

Thanks, @Ryan_M.  Actually I like the simplification of that.  One less set of Square credentials to remember!  And I love the merging of the functionality.  I remember we (me and someone from Square) talked about that once a year or two ago.  Sweet!

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 10 of 19

Yes, thank you! I like it better this way anyways. I don't have to keep switching between apps. Y'all are the best thank you for all of your help.

Message 11 of 19

this is what i'm wondering! I got my app to update but i'm logged in as an employee and not the owner so i'm not seeing payroll info. Do we need to switch to the owner credentials to be able to access payroll features? 

Message 12 of 19

Okay awesome. I assumed there was some sort of update or y'all were working on a new app. I just wanted to make sure it was eventually coming back. Do you know as a manager if I'll be able to edit my employees timecards through the new and updated square team app? Or if i'll have to do it on the desktop? That is mainly what I used the square payroll app for, and it was soooo much easier to edit timecards through the app. Thanks!

Message 13 of 19

I am logged into Square Team under the one & only Square ID/PW I have always used (as the owner) and only see my own time cards. Please advise how to login (“as the owner”) so I may have access to all “payroll employer features” and be able to adjust time cards via the Square Team app. 

Message 14 of 19
Admin

Hi @amessner 

We'll get this figured out for you. Were you using the Payroll app to adjust time cards in the past? And you had the same login for the Payroll app as you do for the Team app? Have you updated the Team app to the latest version?

• the timecards tab should be your timecards
  • the timecards menu item in Payroll tab is the equivalent of what existed in payroll employer app

Message 15 of 19
Beta Member

I updated this app today and still no payroll option. Very inconvenient. Why fix something if it isn’t broken! 😞 

Message 16 of 19
Square Champion

@Heartathomecc I had to sign out of Team and sign back in.  It appeared then.  But @Ryan_M did say it would be rolling out to sellers in batches and could take a couple of days.  The Payroll app still works until the 14th of September.  I waited to delete mine until I saw the feature in Team.

As to your other comment… this has been a feature request for a few years that I am aware of.  A lot of sellers have been patiently waiting for these two apps to be merged.  That’s probably why.

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 17 of 19
Admin

@Heartathomecc Let me know if you continue to have issues. You should be able to see the Payroll tab after updating the Team app and signing back in like @TheRealChipA said. 

Message 18 of 19

All payroll features are now accessible in the Square Team app - thanks!

Message 19 of 19