x

Setting a Default shipping rate when multiple options to ship

I have two Shipping rate options on my website. 'Shipping' is set a default, no option to collect, etc. I'd like the more expensive of the shipping rates to be the default, but I can't seem to get it to do that at checkout. I've even tried deleting one and resetting it to make it second on the list, but no joy. It still defaults to the cheaper one.

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @BariTeaBrewery, thanks for posting! 

Your default delivery profile will apply to all of your deliverable items except those included in a custom profile. Do you have a custom profile set? 

I'd suggest following the steps below to see if that gets your default profile to stick as the default. 

1. From your Square Online Overview page, go to Fulfilment > Delivery.
  2. Under โ€˜Delivery profilesโ€™, select Add delivery profile.
  3. Enter a name for the profile and choose Default (all items) as your profile type.
  4. Select +Add countries and tick any countries youโ€™ll deliver to. Select Done.
  5. Select Add rate to choose a rate option from the drop-down menu. Complete all other details and select Done.
  6. Review your profile and select Save when finished.

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 2 of 4

Thank for taking the time to reply.

I think you mean 'shipping' not delivery - that's a different thing?

I've got a single shipping PROFILE as default for all orders. That Profile has two different RATES. I'd like to chose which one of those rates is the automatic first choice for customers on check-out.

ie I want to set the default RATE within the default PROFILE if you like. xC

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Apologies for the confusion @BariTeaBrewery

It sounds like what you are looking to set up would be a feature request at the moment!

You can create a default profile but not a default rate within a profile. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 4 of 4