x

Seller Community Notifications

So I'm just now realizing that there's a lot more to the Square Seller Community than just the Seller Groups. And for some reason my push notifications don't work. I turned off email notifications because I was getting way too many emails for that even just for the couple small Groups that I was commenting in. But I left Push notifications on, but I don't get any notifications to my phone and now that I think about it, I don't think I ever did. Why is there a Push notification setting if mobile notifications aren't available? Or is there a Seller Community app? I don't see one when I search the Play Store, but that doesn't mean it's not nested inside of something. Is there a Square app setting I need to turn on for the Seller Community or something? I'm hoping there's a simple solution especially since I just found so many more forums to post in.

Briana Schrodt
Owner of Random's Coffee
specialty coffee roastery & cafe

https://www.RandomsCoffee.com
Facebook & Instagram @RandomsCoffee
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Thanks for raising this issue @BrianaJo! We don't have a Community app, but good idea!

Tagging @AdamB who is our platform manager. He is away this upcoming week, but will have him look into it when he returns! Appreciate your patience with this. 

Max Pete
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Square Community
Message 2 of 8
Admin

Hi @BrianaJo! Thanks for posting about this.

Out of curiosity, have you started getting any within the last week? There was a related issue with notifications that our platform provider fixed and it's possible that could have resolved this.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 3 of 8

No, nothing has changed for me. I just have a reminder on my phone to come check up on things.

Briana Schrodt
Owner of Random's Coffee

Message 4 of 8
Square Champion

@BrianaJo ;

If you have it set to push notifications to you and your not getting notified of them, check your App settings on your phone.  I know on my phone if I tell Square to send me notifications but turn off the phones to notify me, I do not see anything from whatever app is notifing me.  I have done this when going to a meeting or something I do not wanna be disturbed during.  So Square maybe sending you the message but your phone is not sending the Icon or notifcation to you.  Similar to a Do Not Disturb on your cell phone.   Check there to see if that helps.  Most of my information and notifications about posts in this community are by Emails.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 5 of 8

Oooh! That's a good thought. I do sometimes change the notifications settings on my phone and then forget to tweak them or turn them back on. But I just checked and the Square POS app is all turned on. My Square Teams app was turned off, which was weird so I turned on that notification ability back on. But nope, nothing yet to explain the lack of push community notifications. 

Briana Schrodt
Owner of Random's Coffee

Message 6 of 8
Admin

Are you using a mobile browser with the community, @Candlestore? Can I don't generally use push notifications with websites but the few I did I had to okay in individual browsers, like Chrome on my laptop and Safari on my iPhone. 

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 7 of 8
Square Champion

@AdamB ;

I do not use a Mobile browser to log into my dashboard or on my mobile devices Usually.  If I get a notification on an Ipad i may follow the link but I am not logged in.   When I signed up for Square, square has a setting asking for emails to be sent to email on file.  When a Refund, sale is made etc.  So when I get notifications from Square to my email, it does come through on both my phone and Email on a computer.  So if I turn off the notifications in my Android phone or have it on silent, Square sent the notification via email.  But me hidding them or having sound off I do not realize they came in.  Depending on my settings in the phone I may not even see my email Icon appear on the phone that a Square notification came in.   

I am more so stating to the OP that if notifications are off on a phone they may not know Square sent the email, its happened to me.  Or maybe it got filtered to Spam or the Promotions account in Gmail.   I do not always get notified through my sell of New promotions.

My community notifications are sent to my email which I do get on a computer and on my phone.  When I read through my Seller Community Team email I read it mainly on the phone but can not follow the links to the community.  Then I get to a computer to respond or to check email and follow the links.

Hope this answers your question @AdamB .

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 8 of 8