x
Beta Member

Ringing one style but with multiple variations

I manage a company store. It is very common for someone to come in and purchase 1 shirt in 1 color in various sizes. When this happens, I have to ring 1 small black of said item, and then ring 3 large black of the same item. It is very time consuming to do this, especially if they are standing at the register. I have started picking that items and just entering the total number regardless of the size and adjust it on the back end. In theory this could work, but I get busy and forgot to go back and adjust the inventory. 

Would love to hear how others handle this.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

@sylviajvincent ;

For us we scan each item at the register.  So if a person brings up 4 shirts of the same item we either scan all 4 or scan 1 then change the quantity.  Now if the person brings up 1 2Xtra large and 5 smalls.... we would scan the 1 2xtra large since its more than the smalls. Then scan 1 small and change quantity to 5 or scan all 5 quickly.   Either of these ways keeps our inventory straight.  SInce each Variation can have a SKU which is what we scan.

We use the Square Stand with a USB scanner on Square for Retail.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 2