x

Removing bar code from eGift Cards

Good morning. I am thoroughly confused as to why the e gift cards are printing with a bar code now. I don't own a scanner and will not be owning one. The bar code is so large and the actual 16 digit number is so small you can barely read it. I am attaching two images. One is what the e cards used to look like when the customer opened their email and clicked print. The other one is how the customer is receiving it now. It looks so unprofessional compared to what it used to look like. What has changed? I have looked through all my dashboard settings and can't find anything. Is this something that is on my retail pos? Please help.

The title of this thread has been edited from the original by a Community Moderator to help with searching threads. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @bbutler222 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community with your suggestion.

I've confirmed with the Giftcards Product Team that the ability to edit or remove the bar code on eGift Cards is a feature request. 

I’ve shared your feature request with our Product Team, as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators.

In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates, here, in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

Message 2 of 4

Thanks Alanah for your response. But what happened to how it used to look when printed? I've asked several times in different threads and no one is addressing my question as to why the printed version currently is quite ugly compared to what version we had last year. Take a look at the attachments. Even square's video on how to set up the e gift card shows the old version of how it looked. Gift Card issue.jpgScreen Shot 2022-04-03 at 10.11.43 AM.pngThis is what it used to look like. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for following up here, @bbutler222 

Since you mentioned, "I've asked several times in different threads", I wanted to make sure that you've seen our Community Etiquette Guidelines. Specifically, where we request that you do not post the same message in multiple places, as it is not productive for our Sellers or Moderators. Rest assured, when you post in the Seller Community our team will see your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Now to address your question regarding the addition of the barcode to printed eGift Cards: While I can't fully speak to this decision made by the eGift Cards Product Team myself, I imagine they added this feature to make the checkout process easier for Sellers who do use a barcode scanner during their checkout flow so they don't have to manually type in the 16 digit code. Though I do understand your feedback regarding the impact on the appearance of these printed eGift Cards.

I did escalate your feedback to our Product Team yesterday so it is on their radar!

Again, thank you for your input on this change. We appreciate you taking the time to discuss this with us. Please do let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

Message 4 of 4