x

I want to shut "SMART TIPPING" off but leave just a space for a CUSTOM TIP - HOW CAN I DO THIS?

I want to shut "SMART TIPPING" off but leave just a space for a CUSTOM TIP - HOW CAN I DO THIS?  I have searched high and low in Square and the community and I cannot locate any way to do this without leaving SMART TIPPING %'s in place.

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hi @JoseaCGC.  At this time, that is not possible with Square.  Once tipping is turned on there are two options — smart tips or showing a list of preset tip percentages, and both include custom tipping and no tipping options.  What you are asking for is a feature request.  You can head over to the Ideate Board and submit one there.  

I’ve submitted a couple of feature requests for tipping.  It’s becoming such a hot-bed topic that I hope Square decides to give us much more flexibility to control how tipping prompts are presented to our customers.  I recently got rid of “guilt tipping” (customers being asked to tip BEFORE they’ve gotten their items or service) and it took a while to “force” the POS to do it well.  Point is I’d definitely recommend that you submit a feature request for your need.  Just be aware this will only start an evaluation process that hopefully ends with the team accepting your request and adding it to a future product update.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hi @JoseaCGC.  At this time, that is not possible with Square.  Once tipping is turned on there are two options — smart tips or showing a list of preset tip percentages, and both include custom tipping and no tipping options.  What you are asking for is a feature request.  You can head over to the Ideate Board and submit one there.  

I’ve submitted a couple of feature requests for tipping.  It’s becoming such a hot-bed topic that I hope Square decides to give us much more flexibility to control how tipping prompts are presented to our customers.  I recently got rid of “guilt tipping” (customers being asked to tip BEFORE they’ve gotten their items or service) and it took a while to “force” the POS to do it well.  Point is I’d definitely recommend that you submit a feature request for your need.  Just be aware this will only start an evaluation process that hopefully ends with the team accepting your request and adding it to a future product update.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2