x

Domain DNS Propagation

Hello! 

How long did it take for your domain (bought from square) to be live? 

Nearly pushing the 48 hours mark and still no website 😫 

thank you in advance 

Chelsea  

Message 1 of 7
Report Inappropriate Content
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hey @Littlemamasco, welcome to the Seller Community 🙂 

Correct, DNS propagation takes between 24/48 hours to complete. 

Could you confirm the steps you went through when purchasing your domain? I'll let the steps here. 

And then if you wouldn't mind sharing your website here so that we can take a closer look - thanks. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 7

Hello Algera, 

thank you! 

I bought the domain from square and followed "connect your square hosted domain" 

the domain is www.littlemamascompany.co.uk

kind regards 

chelsea 

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Thanks for confirming @Littlemamasco. I had a look at the article and realise the information could be clearer. 

If you buy a domain from Square, you are buying a Top Level Domain (TLD) such as .com, .net, .org and .info. 

.co.uk is a Country Code TLD, which is specific to each country and the use of these domains is restricted to residents of those countries (which I'm aware you are). However, if you want to use a .co.uk TLD you'd need to purchase a domain from another registrar and connect it to your site, as Square does not currently offer Country Code TLD. 

I'm very sorry that you weren't aware of this before setting up your domain, but I hope this information clarifies the query. 

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 4 of 7

Hey! 

oh okay thank you, how do I obtain my money back to buy another domain? Or can I change it to .com? 

so I wouldn't be able to make the .co.uk work? Even if it was suggested by square? 

thank you 

Message 5 of 7

I do live in the UK does this help? 

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Littlemamasco, just stepping in for Alegra while she is out for the weekend. 

It's not possible to change the domain name once its been five days past the date of registration. This is because it's officially registered for the entire period for which you bought it, so if you’re hoping to cancel this domain to purchase it elsewhere, that won’t be possible. This isn’t because of a policy on our side but because of a policy with ICANN.

To clarify, this doesn’t mean we won’t refund you your domain purchase – we’ll still honour our 30-day refund policy. What it does mean, however, is this:

• If you don’t want this domain name at all and don’t mind losing access to it for the length of the registration period, then we’ll refund your money in full.
  • If you wish to use this domain name elsewhere, we can help you move or point the domain to the other host so you can start using it immediately. Since ICANN won’t allow us to cancel the domain after 5 days, this is the only way to use the domain with another host.

If you wish to proceed with the above, we recommend getting in touch with our Customer Succes team who will be well equipped on helping you out with this. 

You can contact Square Customer Success through live chat, phone, or email — our number is 0800 098 8008. We’re available by phone from Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 17:00 GMT.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Message 7 of 7