x
Beta Member

Square shows less item count than our physical count

This is driving us crazy!  After using Square Retail for 7 years, we have NEVER had this problem before.  We are completing our physical inventory count, and are finding MANY items where the physical count is GREATER than what is in Square. 

The POs were accurately received, so that is not the issue.  Returns were restocked, so that is not the issue.  

Has anyone experienced this before?  Typically, Square's counts would be less, as a result of shrinkage/theft, but MORE doesn't make any sense to us.  

Thank you,

Valerie

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Champion

@theoldtownshopdo you also sell online? Maybe your inventory isn't syncing, and when you sell online it isn't reducing the inventory count?

Charlie
Homestyle Charlie
Handmade Heirloom Ornaments & Charms
Check our links for retail Etsy orders and Wholesale Ordering Info
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Thank you so much, yes, our items do sync with inventory. That’s the first thing that we checked. Any other thoughts?

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello @theoldtownshop

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. 

With Retail Plus, you can see an item's history. 

I would recommend taking a look there to ensure no stock received was entered twice. Here's an article on how to access the item history.

If everything looks right there, reaching out to our direct support team would be best, so they can take a look at your account settings alongside you. You can reach them here.

Thank you

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

Thank you.  Yes, we did look at the item history and all the purchase orders to ensure the items were received properly.  EVERYTHING checks out perfectly.   The issue is not that Square shows LESS than what we have in the store. 

Message 5 of 7

Hi Valerie,

Was Square able to resolve this for you? We've been using Square for about a year, and our inventory counts are constantly all over the place, with constant corrections. Some counts are more, some less. A lot of our items are books, we have a strong recieving process and Square regularly shows we oversold by several. Want to launch a website but that won't be possible with an unreliable inventory system. Any feedback you learned during your experience would be appreciated!

-R

Message 6 of 7

Inventory counts being off in square is the bane of my existence! Both over and under - For years now I keep trying to figure out WHY!? We recount inventory, correct the amounts in square and months later the numbers are off again. Is it human error? Do we really make that many mistakes when we receive new work entering it and labeling it? Does that much stuff get stolen? I can't figure out why.

Message 7 of 7