x
Beta Member

Please Stop Invasively Auto-Creating Item Name Based on UPC

This feedback pertains to the Square Register interface.

I've noticed that the Auto-Create and populate feature has become increasingly invasive in its effort to populate fields for you based on the UPC code that's been input into the GTIN field.

If I've filled the Item Name portion with a naming scheme specific to my business, I DO NOT want Square to auto create a new name for me. My naming scheme follows a very strict naming convention for myself and my employees. The auto-filled name is oftentimes a poorly scraped version of the item found online.

This is NOT a great UX.

Not only is there an auto-create box at the very top of the screen that I have to skip, now when I fill in the GTIN field down below, it'll behave in the same way. This is relatively new. Please, please stop this functionality.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Sorry I have not had time to sit down and log in to view your responses, I have had a death in the family amongst other things last week.

The GTIN seems to be causing issues for us, (we are in Australia). Before this was introduced to square terminal we didn't have this problem.

It has happened with a few products now, which I think were all European. When I find them I will post.

Thanks.

Message 43 of 43