x
Beta Member

Items in Multiple Categories

This is probably more of a feature request, but interested to hear if anyone else agrees or has ideas.

I would like the ability to have an item in multiple categories, to make finding it easier.

For example, in my store, I have a category for Cheese - this category has all of our cheeses.  I also have another category called "Popular" that includes items we sell a lot of.  

If I add a cheese to Popular, that's great, but not every staff person has a good grasp on what is a best seller and what isn't - it'd be good for them to be able to find that under the Cheese category as well.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, you can add the item to as many categories as you like.  

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale & Boutique Collection - hanger-hues.square.site

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Any idea how to update using "Import Library"?  In the spreadsheet there can be only 1 category value.  

Message 3 of 4
Square Champion

@fireworksking   @eatmorecheese  ;

This is a new feature and updating it with the import of a csv may not be available yet, and the category for csv files I believe is for Reporting not for locating.  

Now what you can do is with Square for retail Plus on an Ipad, is edit the Grid.... add your Category of Cheese to find all your Cheeses, and then create a New Page called Popular and add Items there.... You would not need the Item in multiple categories this way.  

I have a Few Items I set up in a category and then that Category is under another category but I am not sure if I can have it in completely different Categories yet.... have not tried that.   So to find my macintosh apple 3x3 which is under:

Pillars

-  3x3

-   Macintosh Apple

I was thinking of having :

Pillars-

3x3

- Scented

- my 155 scented candles here

- Unscented

- the 15 different colors that are unscented

- 3x3's by Color

both Scented and unscented

I have not tried putting my Macintosh apple 3x3 in  both the scented and the Red since our macintosh apple candle is red.   

Either way I use a scanner to scan the item and it locates it in the one location, or in no category.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 4