x

Is it possible to pool tips based on job?

I have a custom jewelry retail store. We have a few job sets. Some employees work together to support each other so I would like to pool tips for them. Other employees work individually so they need to keep their individual tips. 

Pooling tips across the business is not an option. I need the ability to pool tips by job set.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Hey @acostigan.  So, currently, Square tips are an all-or-nothing proposition.  Tip distribution method is a company-wide option, and each team member is either IN or OUT of tipping, period.  Are there plans to change this?  I wish I could say.  All I can say is it is what it is, for the moment.  Also, there are no current options for different tip pools.  One tip pool or one tip distribution method per location is all that is allowed, period.

Your only option to do what you want now and immediately is to head over to the Square App Marketplace.  There you will find third-party tip pooling/distribution apps (like TipHaus, but there are others) that have full tip handling/pooling capabilities.  Yes, they come with a subscription fee, but that is worth not having to do this yourself with a spreadsheet, trust me.

Lastly, I know that there are feature requests out there with various suggestions for adding functionality to Square tip handling.  But if you want to add your voice, head over to the Ideate Board.  You can either look at the feature requests there and add your support, or you can submit your own to the Square Staff & Payroll Team.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 3

Hey @acostigan... feel free to look into a tool like https://tipmetric.com , that integrates with Square and provides extra flexibility in pooling tips by job set may help...

Message 3 of 3