x
Beta Member

Discounts being applied to cart

Morning Everyone, 

I am trying to figure out how to get an automatic discount to apply to the cart total before taxes. Everything I have tried doesn't work and here is my example of what I am trying to do.

Example:

I have a product that has 7 different flavors that I am selling for $3.99 each flavor now when they purchase exactly 6 (mixing and matching) then the price would go from $23.94 to $18.99 as a 6-pack bundle. Problem is that when I try to set it up, it sorta works when i put in a percentage but I want it to add the prices all together regardless of the flavor and then add the discount to that total instead of trying to discount each flavor. So say you get 3 different flavors of 2 each kind, the system when setting it up with a percentage would discount each 2 because the quantity comes to 6 but I want it to add everything up normally and then add the discount automatically. I read that i could do this to the cart but I don't have the plus membership on my account so I am wondering if this is the cause of that. I can provide screenshots of what I am wanting if need be but any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I could add a coupon to remedy this but I want it to automatically do this. Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

Yeah I got it to somewhat work when I did 20.67% but then it rounds it up to 21% and it comes out to the right price. I’ll get you some screenshots here shortly but thank you for the response. I may even have to adjust the price a bit to make it work with the limitations of square and the lack of customization. 

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

@Robertwf ;

Screen shots would definately help!

I have 16 oz candles and had pricing discounts if you buy 2 the price was $12 per candle and if you buy 3 the price dropped tp $11 per candle.  The problem I found out with Square is with the Discount automatically applying you would need the $ discount not the %.  I had to take my original $14.99 price figure out to make each candle $12, I needed to apply a $2.99 discount if 2 were purchased, and a $3.99 discount if 3 were purchased.

$3.99 x 6 = $23.94

but you want the overall price to be $18.99 per flavor.  So each flavor would be $3.165 each.  This is where Square's problem is, you can put that the discount at $.82 or $.83 per flavor but the the price is no longer $18.99 because of rounding. 

3.16 (per flavor) *6= $18.96   3.17 (Per flavor) *6= $19.02   The amount of the Discount would be Per Flavor not setting to a certain price.  This having 2 decimals has been a request for years and I am not sure were it currently stands for discounts or items.

The reason that Square does this from my understanding is if a person brings back a candle they would not get the full refund but only the refund of the item price for the sales price of the item. 

I also applied the Discount rule to only the 16oz candles Category so no other items were effected.

If you need a % discount try messing with the % discount to get it to the price you want.  I currently have a 25.84% discount to get me closs to a buy 3 for $20 deal instead of $8.99 per item.  

I hope this all makes sense, if you need clarification on anything let me know on this thread.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 4
Square Champion

@Robertwf ;

Try a 20.66% discount..... that should get you close to the $18.99 total in your discount amount.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

Best Answer

Yeah I got it to somewhat work when I did 20.67% but then it rounds it up to 21% and it comes out to the right price. I’ll get you some screenshots here shortly but thank you for the response. I may even have to adjust the price a bit to make it work with the limitations of square and the lack of customization. 

Message 4 of 4