x

Adding a partner

I just got my Square reader and set up an account for my business.  How can my business partner connect to this account when I am not around to take payments?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

Since we don't know the details about your relationship with your business partner, we have to guess about some things.  For example, are you concerned about access rights to your account - do you want your business partner to have full access or limited access ?  If full access - then all your partner needs to do is setup his or her phone like you did - install the App, configure it, attach the reader and login in with the credentials you setup.  The reader is not tied to your device so you can swap it between users but, having two readers makes more sense.  Note, assuming you only have the magstripe reader, you can setup both Apple or Android for Tap and Pay - no hardware is needed.  Contactless payments are the better way to go because swiping cards via the magstipe reader places all the card acceptance on you - see this info concerning something called Liability Shift.    If you want to limit what your partner has access to in your Account - this info offers some details.   If you make your partner a Team Member, they can basically setup their device in the same manor as described above.  Also this info may be helpful - it's useful if your partner needs Tech or Customer Support assuming you're not available.   As mentioned, we're just tossing out some thoughts based on assumptions as every business has different needs.

Message 2 of 4

To answer some of your questions, my partner and I have created an LLC as equal partners.  We sell our product at farmers markets at this time and for obvious reasons, we both can't always be there.  We only need one reader - I ordered and received the tap, but my iPhone can also be used as a tap.

My question is more of a general one - how does she create her own account without using my credentials to log in?  I know there has to be an easy way for her to do this, but I haven't found an answer yet.

Thanks for your assistance!

Message 3 of 4
Square Champion

@MaryPalmer1 ;

I would suggest creating a Team Member.  Even if you have the Free Square POS you can have 2 Members, 1 Owner Account and 1 Sales Associate for example.   In your case you may want 2 settings similar to owner settings.  That way your partner can see all reporting for example.  Normally you may not want employees to see this information.   Here is more of Teams :

5591-get-started-with-employee-management 

So basically your partner would enter a Team Passcode to log in on a device.  If your partner has their own device I would also suggest a Device code for each device that logs in to your Square account.   Here is more on your Device Code :  5586-manage-devices-by-location 

Hope with the two help articles you can set this up with your partner, but if you have any other questions ask away here in the Forum.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 4