x

2 registers not syncing inventory in retail store

We are using the square POS register (#1)and the square for retail system. We recently added another register w the iPad version. We are using the same retail system as well. The problem we are having is that inventory that’s added on one computer isn’t available at the other computer. We’ve gotten it to work intermittently and have been on chat w support already. We’ve even done a factory reset in the POS (#1) and have uninstalled the app on register #2 (iPad). We’ve been signing out and signing back in, but this isn’t fixing the issue. We are signed into the same location on both as well. We don’t have time to add the same inventory on both computers and it’s very frustrating to say the least. We desperately need help. 

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

@FourHeartsCB ;

Setup Device codes and 8339-set-up-device-codes to log in with each Ipad.  The blue letters are a link to more information about device codes.  Also sometimes depending on when I update items or create a new item on one Ipad, till the new information reaches the others takes time.  To help this out I have tapped More- Items then search for the new items on all Ipads.  This helps get the information up to Squares Cloud on the Ipad I put the new Item in.  Then by doing this on the other Ipads it searches the cloud for this information insteaded of the Items on the device alone.  

If I upload my items by csv to Square on a computer with new items, then try my Ipad Stands, sometimes items are there and other times I log out, then enter the Device Code and the new items appear, if not then I do the More - Items and search and then it is in the systems.  I repeat this for each stand, I could wait and it will automatically populate but with my luck if I do not do this a customer will purchase the New item before its populated.

I just got a new Ipad, set it up with device codes and I have the same information on all 3 ipads and the same screens for Square for Retail.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Best Answer

@FourHeartsCB ;

Setup Device codes and 8339-set-up-device-codes to log in with each Ipad.  The blue letters are a link to more information about device codes.  Also sometimes depending on when I update items or create a new item on one Ipad, till the new information reaches the others takes time.  To help this out I have tapped More- Items then search for the new items on all Ipads.  This helps get the information up to Squares Cloud on the Ipad I put the new Item in.  Then by doing this on the other Ipads it searches the cloud for this information insteaded of the Items on the device alone.  

If I upload my items by csv to Square on a computer with new items, then try my Ipad Stands, sometimes items are there and other times I log out, then enter the Device Code and the new items appear, if not then I do the More - Items and search and then it is in the systems.  I repeat this for each stand, I could wait and it will automatically populate but with my luck if I do not do this a customer will purchase the New item before its populated.

I just got a new Ipad, set it up with device codes and I have the same information on all 3 ipads and the same screens for Square for Retail.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 2