x

what is "Auto Add Item to Check is an optional field"

I am importing items to Library in a new account and I have this message after I click the import:

Auto Add Item to Check is an optional field. Use Y or N."

I can't find how to fix this. Can someone help?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Are you able to share a screenshot of the error message here so we can see where it is appearing?

Any steps you took before seeing the error message would be helpful too - thanks, @RSPC!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Square Champion

I think this is an error where you may not have a field in your file for auto add item to check with a Y or N for yes or no.

This field is a flag at the bottom of each item page under the dashboard that tells square whether the item goes directly on the tab/check or if you want to go through modifiers and variations before adding the item to the check. It works like this:

Bottle of coke with Auto Add as Yes when you tap Soda it goes straight on right side ready to be paid out.  If it is selected No to Auto Add it brings up the detail items for notes/modifiers first then you tap Add for it to go on the check.

If you are importing an older catalog it may not have always been an option/field.  The column for Auto Add Item to Check is directly after the price column in .xls/.csv  if you are looking at it on a spreadsheet and should have either a Y or an N.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Champion
Breaker of Things

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Oh, hm - I'm so sorry but I am still not quite sure exactly what error message you're referring to, @Donnie-M. A screenshot would really help with my understanding, if it's possible for you to share here!

It now sounds like you may be requesting a feature that isn't currently available - is that right?
Or are you asking a question about an issue you are running into while importing items?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4