x

Set a limit on an open check

I own a bar and regularly have parties where they pay a bar minimum in advance in exchange for reserving our back room or patio.  Right now we charge the entire amount at the outset (so we can be sure we get the signature ahead of time) and then create a separate check that records the drinks ordered, only to comp it once we've reached the limit.  Is there a way to set a limiting amount on an open check to avoid this workaround?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @MarcusHibser - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community, so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

Feel free to reach out to me or any of our Seller Community moderators if we can help with anything 😊

Right now with open tickets, there is not a way to set a limiting amount on an open ticket. When you create an open ticket, you can add custom amounts or items (open tickets can't exceed 500 items) but I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for since you are familiar with creating open tickets. 

If you would like, you can also submit this product suggestion to our Ideate Board in the Seller Community. Our Product Teams keep their eyes on this form as they are constantly working to improve our products and features: https://squ.re/ideate

Applications to the Square Champions program are open! Apply here before October 14th!

Message 2 of 2